Now I turn to you all...

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Cat Ladys Son
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Now I turn to you all...

Post by Cat Ladys Son » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:37 pm

What is that Opera song called in FABF06 "Margical history tour" in scenes when Mozart/Bart drinks booze at The street and when he dies?? I caught a small snippet of it over at LardLad, but other than that, I can't find it. Thanks!

:homer:
Marco

Re: Now I turn to you all...

Post by Marco » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:02 pm

"Requiem" by Mozart, by memory, but i saw the episode just once.
Cat Ladys Son
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Cat Ladys Son » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:26 pm

:::Darnit...I forgot to update:::

Yes, after further research, I did find out that it is Mozart's REquiem Mass, more specifically, the part that is entitled [Sequentia] Lacrimosa.

Thanks!

:bart:
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:29 pm

Some more background to this piece of music:
The "requiem" (latin mass for the dead) is Mozart's last, unfinished composition.
The "Lacrimosa" part (decribing the "Day of Tears") contains the very last notes Mozart has written: half way, the music breaks off (The piece has been later completed by one of his students.)

Of course, the Simpsons short is a parody of the 1984 movie "Amadeus", the movie which made Mozart's life (and the story of the Requeim) so well-known and popular.

Too bad the parody is so horribly unfunny and awkward...