The movie's...actually in progress?

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
c_s
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: The movie's...actually in progress?

Post by c_s » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:04 am

lol 'I've forgotten what I was supposed to say'  Good Stuff!  :homer:
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:46 pm

This is actually starting to freak me out a little.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Morpheus306

Post by Morpheus306 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:51 pm

Hey guys, they told us at work that there is a 10 teaser trailer for the movie that plays before Ice Age 2.  They didnt' show it to us and I havn't seen Ice age yet, but be sure to check it out.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:22 pm

Is the trailer available online?
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:10 am

*hopping about like a crazy prospector* I seen it! I seen it!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Binky

Post by Binky » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:48 am

I recorded it an uploaded it to my site. Here it is:
http://www.springfieldpost.com/index.php?topic=92.0
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Wow, I was kinda expecting an explosion and a massive noise celebrating the movies initial upcoming. But that I find was very much satisfying! Woo hoo!

(Just to take away the embarresment of me saying "its just gunna end up like the boy who cryed wolf.")

And thanks to Binky for uploading it :)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Vulgaris_Prime
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Vulgaris_Prime » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:07 pm

Transformers movie at the beginning of the month.

OFF movie at the end.

That's gonna be one hell of a month.
Back from the dead!
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:56 pm

This is just awesome, even astonishing.  Maybe even more that there is no word in the english language to describe it yet. :-) Would you like to invent one?
;D
More than 15 yrs of waiting.  Most of us are from the mid 20's to the early 30's; which means that the oldest-first timer could have been 15 yrs old when the simpson first came out.  The series was on its peak during the first 6th seasons.  The fifth being the best (imo)

I hope they don't ruin their chance to go without showng what they were hiding all these years with a good quality in the following animation/Plot/characterization, even sound.  I also read somewhere that they are working on some new score for the movie.  I can tell you I cannot wait! :D   

The simpsons has not been quite the same since, say, the 6th season.  It has had its ups and downs in plot and substance since then.   I don't know what's going on at the studio, but I'm having a certain hunch about it;  The Simpsons Tv series hasn't been so great just because they didn't wanted it to be.   They really messed up after season 15, and instead of bringing back good plots they brought celebreties like never before;  even to the point where you think it was not a Simpsons episode (take  "Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife " for example) It was focus on this guy Ricky Gervais.  Oh man, that episode was horrid!

I've seen that teaser you posted, Binky, Thanks alot.   Homer's new design is somehow rounder, and the colors are more vivid.  I think is going to look good.  "look good" Thats all I know at the moment.  The rest are just specuations

And about the three stories. Whoa, man, they are 5 characters in the family.  If this is going to be like Trilogy of Error, then who are going to be the 3 lucky characters?   Place your bets! Place your bets!  The time is now! * Omar collects the money and runs away.  ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
simpsoy1
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by simpsoy1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:30 am

I really liked the trailer a lot.

I'm really excited to see the movie now.
I'll never forget the day he bagged his first hippie. That young man didn't think it was too "groovy".

Mr. Burns-"Dog of Death"
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:05 am

Vulgaris Prime wrote: Transformers movie at the beginning of the month.

OFF movie at the end.

That's gonna be one hell of a month.
Damn straight! Those are the only two movies I am truly looking forward to in the future, and they're both within a month of each other. I know I'll probably see both at least twice, maybe more depending on how good they truly are, so I'd better make sure I've got some cash saved up around that time.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:38 pm

The final Harry Potter book may be released that month, too.

I have absolutely no sources with which to back this claim.  Merely a hunch.  :P

2007 seems a little soon.  While my inner Simpson fan is dancing a happy dance, my skeptic side fears this will prompt them to rush the movie.  I'd be more than willing to wait until '08 if it meant we'd be getting a higher quality movie....
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:11 pm

While I am sceptical too, they have been working on it for the past two years or so. It's not like they're just starting on it now, since the first draft of the script has already been finished and lines have begun recording already.
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
fellranger

Post by fellranger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:35 pm

I don't know if it's a reflection of me or the show but my first thought when I saw this was that I hope they don't screw it up.  Having seen who's working on it I'm cautiously optimistic that it could be good.  I just wish they'd had the good sense to keep Scully out of the way....
Here's hoping.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Morpheus306

Post by Morpheus306 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:41 am

Shockwave wrote: While I am sceptical too, they have been working on it for the past two years or so. It's not like they're just starting on it now, since the first draft of the script has already been finished and lines have begun recording already.
How do you know that?