The Official Simpsons Movie Thread

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Binky

Re: The Official Simpsons Movie Thread

Post by Binky » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:02 am

Morpheus306 wrote:
Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Bah, got beat to it!

But here, have some photos of the outside and inside of a Kwik-E-Mart'ed store:  http://flickr.com/photos/rdr07/sets/72157600590001691/

It's pretty entertaining stuff, and extreme attention to detail.  Also, now I want a pink-frosted donut with sprinkles.
Woa so you went to the one in Burbank huh? it's actually not far from the studio so a lot of us have gone over there and drew some pics for them.  I did an itchy and scratchy pic because everyone else was drawing Homer.  But yeah it's amazing how they did this, too bad it's only 'till August.
Man, you don't know how much I wish I could've stayed in CA this summer. Now I'm not even going to get to see this if it's ending in August (the nearest one here is in NYC, and I don't want to go there). By the way, I saw a pic of some animators' drawings posted on a door of the Burbank one (link) but your I&S must not have been there yet.

And you know what's funny? When I first heard about this I thought they just HAVE to do one in Burbank, thinking of the one on Glenoaks/Buena Vista, but I guess more traffic goes through Olive/Verdugo.
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:01 pm

I want to go to the one on 42nd, just for laughs, photos, and to get a friend some of the cola.  Perhaps a normal slushee also. :D
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:37 pm

And the winner is...

Springfield, Vermont!

Congrats to them.  Now they'll actually have to build a movie theater to have the screening.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:55 pm

Lord Kingsley wrote: And the winner is...

Springfield, Vermont!

Congrats to them.  Now they'll actually have to build a movie theater to have the screening.
Does this make it the canonical site of Springfield?

Then the prophecies have come true!
DISCLAIMER: Said prophecies may or may not have been accessible to the public prior to their fulfilment.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm actually kinda disappointed.  I was rooting for Springfield, Missouri, since it's only a couple of hours from where I live.  Ah, well.  This'll give the maple syrup farmers something to do over the weekend!
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Instead of lying on their backs under the distilleries with their mouths open?  ;D
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:43 pm

Interesting choice.  Looks like they put a fair bit of effort into getting it, though they might regret that depending on how the movie turns out...
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:39 pm

Gotta be linked, more of the movie in here than in any of the trailers :) (hat tip ALM on LTS)

http://www.youtube.com/jp.swf?video_id=P3KXQElmZcw&e
Last edited by D.B. on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:37 pm

*desperately resists the urge to make the four-hour drive up there*.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:10 pm

I saw a new TV spot yesterday. One line:

"He's not Spider-Pig anymore, now he's Harry Plopper."
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Dana » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:23 pm

(recent phone conversation with Springfield, VT Chamber of Commerce)

CoC: Hello, Springfiled Chamber of Commerce, how may I help you?

Dana: (in disguised voice) Hello, my name is Mr Burns. I believe you have two tickets for me.

CoC: For the Simpsons premiere? (a hearty laugh) Nice try old man.

Dana:  D'oh!!

Greetings peoples!  As good forutne would have it, my son Chris and I will be headed to Springfield this saturday for all the festivities, but are not jolding out much hope of getting into the theatre for the showing of the movie. But I'm thinking there might be a few cool things going on that'll be worth making the seventy-five mile trek into Vermont. I'm actually gonna stop by the CoC tomorrow as it is just off my courier route. I'm going to inquire about plans/guests/signings/tickets, etc. I did enter our names into a lottery they're having for an 8pm screening, just for non-Springfield folk, so, fingers are tightly crossed that we hit paydirt with that. We'll see.

I hope to take plenty of pics on saturday and will gladly pop them up online somewhere and share em with you guys, if you're interested. I know I've been a bit of a stranger around here, but I'm always thinking about this place and hoping to find time to sit and stay a spell, but...

Anyway, I hope that everyone in here enjoys the movie when it hits their home town and I hope to do my part in making this epic film sink TITANIC!  Not likely, but it does appear to be a great effort by Mr Groening and Co, so...we'll see.

Hope you're all enjoying summer!!

Dana
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi Dana! They really should have given you free tickets for that one.  ;D Glad to see you're still around. Looking forward to lots of pics!
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:44 pm

* D.B. posts for no other reason than to wave 'Hi!' to dana. Well, carry on about your business people...
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi, Dana!

Yes, you should have been given free tickets. But I hope you'll have a great time in Springfield.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Aye. And dana, if you see any middle-aged women with oddly coloured hair, run. Just run.

;)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks