The Official Simpsons Movie Thread

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: The Official Simpsons Movie Thread

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:48 am

Saw another TV spot with a new scene:

*Lisa and some boy with a guitar stand on opposite sides of some kinda shield/bubble thing, doing the hands-on-the-glass bit. Bart is there as well.*
BART: *singsong* Lisa's got a boyfriend, that she's never gonna see again!
*Lisa one-punches Bart, then puts her hand back on the whatever-it-is.*
LISA: *dreamy* Perfect.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Binky

Post by Binky » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:37 am

Maybe the plot of the movie is that the rest of the world gets destroyed, not Springfield!
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:37 pm

Binky wrote: Maybe the plot of the movie is that the rest of the world gets destroyed, not Springfield!
Except the boy was on the inside, judging from the curve of the shield-thing.

Also, Matt Groening's gonna be on the Daily Show this week. (Wednesday, I think.)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Matt will also be appearing on Conan tomorrow night.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:46 am

I just saw Matt on the Daily Show.  They showed a clip I've never seen before (though maybe it's been featured elsewhere):
Spoiler
A minor taste of Jerkass Homer, but I thought the beginning of the clip was cute.

ETA: Binky at NoHomers.net uploaded the interview for download here, since CC will probably pull it off their site by next week.

Jon brought up a good point (age discrepancy) that's actually bothered me for a while.  There's no real solution to it, but it was nice to see someone other than myself obsess over something so trivial. :P
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:10 am

For those of you looking to get a peak at all the fuss tomorrow...

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO OF WORLD PREMIERE FROM SPRINGFIELD!!

http://www.wptz.com/wnne/13725541/detail.html

A fat, bald-headed, middle-aged man with a wife named Marge? They've GOTTA let me
in to the premiere! Right?  Right??

Wish me luck, though I have a sinking feeling once we're caught up in all the traffic, I'll be wishing
I had stayed at home at watched it via streaming video.  :doh:

Dana
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:55 am

Good luck Dana. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:21 pm

*Chris mails a bottle of Blue #42 to Mrs. Dana
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 pm

Graham, Chris...toss me your mailing address to burlapdog@verizon.net and I'll send you two items
to fight over, that i picked up today at the premiere. Minor things, but I grabbed an extra just for you Graham...then quickly remembered you had married Chris and...not wanting a full-fledged Simspons war to break-out over the **cough**  T-Shirt  **cough  I grabbed an extra copy of the local newspaper, proclaiming in its headline..."Mmmm...Victory". I'd have grabbed another shirt, but they only had size xl and were in limited supply at that.

Anyway, we didn't get in to the movie (D'oh!), but we did get up front to see Matt Groening, James L Brooks and Al Jean, garning a lil' bit of video and pics before my **blankety-blank** memory card was FULL. (sigh) Oh well. Other than that, it was a fun time and I can not wait till midnight this thursday for viewing one of one-hundred-thirty-seven I plan on seeing for the initial run.

Here's a clip from today, to be followed by a 360 degree look at Springfield a bit later today, when the loading is complete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedRRB3NkfU

The clip actually ends because of my memory card being full, but it couldn't have been timed better!

Cheers, all!!

Dana

PS:  Graham, that e-mail address is gonna be good for about another week and then it'll switch to burlapdog@comcast.net ...I hope. I'll update my profile when things are more firmly in place.

PPS: Other clip loaded faster than I thought. Not much to see, but a quick view of downtown Springfield today...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOzhmvU_FIY
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 am

Man, you're lucky, Dana!!

Meanwhile, this story will never stop being funny to me:

Fox paints chalk Homer in field next to Fertility God drawing, Pagans pray for rain

That made The Soup this week...
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Dana » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:45 am

Missy, that photo is insane...and hilarious.

Speaking of pics, here are a few from Springfield...

Marge was happy to finally have an oppurtunity to wear her nifty Marge Simpson hat I purchased off e-bay about seven years ago! Oh well, worth the wait.

Seeing the biggies from the production team was great, but we were a bit dissapointed that none of the voices decided to show up. Must've been a struggle setting things uo in such a tiny community like Springfield, Vt. I think the chamber has all of TWO phone lines and they unhooked them both by July 12th, due to excessive calls! I'm amazed it went off as well as it did.

Dana
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:32 am

missy_misery wrote: Man, you're lucky, Dana!!

Meanwhile, this story will never stop being funny to me:

Fox paints chalk Homer in field next to Fertility God drawing, Pagans pray for rain

That made The Soup this week...
It's made doubly funny because the cerne abbas giant is only about 300 years old and has nothing to do with pagans. Heeh heeh...
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Neat pics, Dana!

I learn something new every day, Graham!

So, I was watching the Food Network yesterday, and they had an entire special devoted to a competiton for who was going to make a cake for the LA premire of the movie.  The winner was a Krusty-centric cake, but more importantly, there were a couple of brand-new clips:
Spoiler

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Missy, that scene at Burns Manor was in one of the earlier trailers. It is indeed hilarious.

*LOL* @ pagans and the photos. We have confirmation: Mr. Burns really exists.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Aww, I hadn't seen the earlier trailers - the scene's hillarious and raised my hopes about the quality of the movie.