Season 9 coming to DVD

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Season 9 coming to DVD

Post by Lady_Simpson » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

I want all the seasons on dvd...
...eventually...
so far I only have season 1.

Stupid tuition fees keeping me from my dvd's...
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:27 am

Some info:

From that all DVD news place whatever it is. :P

The set, which will come in either a Lisa head, or a regular package (sorry, no artwork yet), will retail for $49.98 US, or $69.98 CAN.

The 4 disc set will include all 25 episodes (550 mins) from the ninth season of the show. Specs are familiar to collectors of the series; full frame video (1.33:1), English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French/Spanish Dolby Surround audio tracks, with English and French subtitles. Now, on to the extras!

Commentary tracks include:

1. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson with Commentaries by: Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Jim Reardon
  2. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson (Second Commentary) by: Ian Maxtone-Graham, Dan Castelanetta
  3. The Principal and the Pauper with Commentaries by: Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Ken Keeler, Steven Dean Moore
  4. Lisa's Sax with Commentaries by: Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Dominic Polcino
  5. Treehouse of Horror VIII with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, David X. Cohen, Mark Kirkland, Georger Meyer, Matt Selman
  6. The Cartridge Family with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Yeardley Smith, John Swartzwelder, Pete Michels, George Meyer, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Donick Cary, Ron Hauge
  7. Bart Star with Commentaries by: Mike Scully, George Meyer, Donick Cary, Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castelanetta, Dominic Polcino
  8. The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons with Commentaries by: Mike Scully, Richard Appel, Steven Dean Moore
  9. Lisa The Skeptic with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, David X. Cohen, George Meyer, Yeardley Smith, Pete Michels
  10. Realty Bites with Commentaries by: Mike Scully, Dan Greaney, Richard Appel, Swinton O. Scott III
  11. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Ron Hauge, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Bob Anderson
  12. All Singing, All Dancing with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Steve O'Donnell, Hank Azaria, Yeardley Smith, Steven Dean Moore
  13. Bart Carny with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Mark Kirkland
  14. The Joy of Sect Commentaries by: Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Steve O'Donnell, Yeardley Smith, Steven Dean Moore
  15. Das Bus with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, David X. Cohen, Pete Michels
  16. The Last Temptation of Krust with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Ron Hauge, Donick Cary, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson, Jay Leno
  17. Dumbbell Indemnity with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Ron Hauge, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Dominic Polcino
  18. Lisa The Simpson with Commentaries by: Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Ned Goldreyer, Susie Dietter
  19. This Little Wiggy with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Dan Greaney
  20. Simpson Tide with Commentaries by: Al Jean, Mike Reiss
  21. The Trouble With Trillions with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Swinton O. Scott III, Matt Selman
  22. Girly Edition with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Georger Meyer, Yeardley Smith, Mark Kirkland
  23. Trash of the Titans with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Ron Hauge, Ian Maxtone-Graham, Yeardley Smith
  24. King of the Hill with Commentaries by: Mike Scully, Richard Appel, Steven Dean Moore
  25. Lost Our Lisa with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, David X. Cohen, Yeardley Smith, Pete Michels
  26. Natural Born Kissers with Commentaries by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, George Meyer, Matt Selman, Dan Castellaneta, Mark Kirkland

Other Extras include:
    * The Simpsons Movie Exclusive Sneak Peak
    * A Riff from Matt Groening
    * Deleted Scenes: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, Lisa's Sax, Treehouse of Horror VIII, The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, Lisa The Skeptic, Bart Carny, The Joy of Sect, Das Bus, The Last Temptation of Krust, Dumbbell Indemnity, Lisa The Simpson, This Little Wiggy, Simpson Tide, Girly Edition, Trash of the Titans, & King of the Hill
    * Season 9 Featurette
    * Animation Showcase: Principal & The Pauper, Lisa The Simpson Act 1
    * Illustrated Commentary: All Singing, All Dancing - by Matt Groening, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson, Pete Michels
    * Illustrated Commentary: Lost Our Lisa - by Matt Groening, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson, Pete Michels
    * Deleted Scenes Intro by: Mike Scully
    * Deleted Scenes Gallery with optional commentary by: Matt Groening, Mike Scully, Josh Weinstein, David Mirkin, Al Jean, Steve O'Donnell
    * Promotional Spots: Butterfinger "Alien" May 1998, Butterfinger "Hit a Homer" May 1998, Butterfinger - "Philosophy" July 1998, CC's Chips Australia - "Parachutist" - June 1998, CC's Chips Australia - "Homerdini" - June 1998
    * Sketch Gallery (10 Images)
    * Special Language Feature: 4 extra languages in: Polish, Portuguese, German, Japanese

Episodes on the set include:
      Disc 1:
  1. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
  2. The Principal and the Pauper
  3. Lisa's Sax
  4. Treehouse of Horror VIII
  5. The Cartridge Family
  6. Bart Star

Disc 2:
  7. The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
  8. Lisa The Skeptic
  9. Realty Bites
  10. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
  11. All Singing, All Dancing
  12. Bart Carny
  13. The Joy of Sect

Disc 3:
  14. Das Bus
  15. The Last Temptation of Krust
  16. Dumbbell Indemnity
  17. Lisa The Simpson
  18. This Little Wiggy
  19. Simpson Tide
  20. The Trouble With Trillions

Disc 4:
  21. Girly Edition
  22. Trash of the Titans
  23. King of the Hill
  24. Lost Our Lisa
  25. Natural Born Kissers
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:22 am

and these are the boxes:
Attachments
simpsons9bzh0.png
simpsons9je7.png
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:42 am

Aww,  :lisa: ! I must admit the head box is somewhat cute - I just love that smile. But still, for saving my sanity and the overall appearance of my DVD shelf, I'll take the digipack. ;)
Andreas

Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Gazmanafc » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:59 am

I'm wondering if it really is Swartzwelder doing the commentary in 5F01.
SpringfieldHorror
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by SpringfieldHorror » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:46 pm

I'm looking forward to nine. This will probably be my last set. "Lisa's Sax" "Das Bus" and "Lisa the Simpson" are reasons for my purchase.[br]
You can still order a box through the mail for $3 in the states.  I got mine two weeks ago after 6 weeks of waiting (although I had to sacrifice a corner of the DVD guide to send in my proof of purchase ).
I had to send in the 1-800 insert from the box and I'm STILL waiting! It's been 8 weeks.
I just hope the mail man doesn't cram it into our tiny mail box.
Marge: TERRACE! Evergren Terrace, the street that smells like pee.