Season 9 coming to DVD

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor

Season 9 coming to DVD

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:30 pm

About last week, Fox annouced the Simpsons will be release season 9 on DVD. Click Here.

Look like Simpsons always release DVDs every August & December. For Example,
season 5 was out in Dec 2004, 6 in Aug 2005, 7 in Dec 2005, 8 in Aug 2006, 9 might be coming in Dec 2006.

So that mean is this should like this?
10 in Aug 2007, 11 in Dec 2007, 12 in Aug 2008,
13 in Dec 2008, 14 in Aug 2009, 15 in Dec 2009, 16 in Aug 2010, 17 in Dec 2010, 18 in Aug 2011, and so on.
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Season 9 coming to DVD

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 am

wow... my parents are really going to need alot of money for christmas because i still need seasons 4-8
now 9 is coming!!!
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:18 am

Good!  The last season worth buying is finally here!  I hope they include the World Series Shorts, though.  :-*
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:37 am

I thought you started hating the show from the 9th Season, not from the 10th :D
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:14 am

Actually, I (like quite a few other people) think Season 9 was still decent at least. Quite a few good episodes in it. ("Das Bus", for one.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:30 pm

Nope, no plans to buy it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:24 pm

Dagdamor wrote: I thought you started hating the show from the 9th Season, not from the 10th :D
Good episodes such as Simpson Tide, Lisa the Simpson, Lisa's Sax, and the City of NY vs Homer Simpson are not Scully's creations.

The only Scully episodes from this season that I liked were the THoH and Girlie Edition.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:17 pm

I want to stop at 8, but I'm sure I'll go until season 10, just so I can get all of the heads.  ::)  I'll probably get season 9 for the episodes Jake listed ("Lisa's Sax" is one of my favorites).

I didn't notice the "slump" until "Natural Born Kissers," so my impression of s.9 is that, although relatively unmemorable, it's not all that bad.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:25 pm

Well, I just bought season 7 last friday, and season 9 will take some time before it gets released in Germany. But it's definitely on my list, since there are quite some nice episodes, as Jake pointed out already, esp. "Lisa's Sax", of course. And I'm so glad they finally released season 6 in a regular digipack box as well, rather than only in that hideous head box. Now my DVD shelf looks nice again. :)
Andreas

Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:26 pm

I aint got season 5 yet... but I aim to. I aim to get them all. So I can become the dark overlord of the universe! HAHA!!
Or at least, so that whoever gets them after I nap it has a decent collection to pass on and make a lump sum. In the mean time, to watch, because... watching is fun.  ::)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:59 am

Andreas wrote: Well, I just bought season 7 last friday, and season 9 will take some time before it gets released in Germany. But it's definitely on my list, since there are quite some nice episodes, as Jake pointed out already, esp. "Lisa's Sax", of course. And I'm so glad they finally released season 6 in a regular digipack box as well, rather than only in that hideous head box. Now my DVD shelf looks nice again. :)
They have the regular box for Season 6 in Germany!?  Nooo....I hate America.  :-[
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:13 am

You can still order a box through the mail for $3 in the states.  I got mine two weeks ago after 6 weeks of waiting (although I had to sacrifice a corner of the DVD guide to send in my proof of purchase :P).
"I was God once."
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Officer 1BDI wrote: You can still order a box through the mail for $3 in the states.  I got mine two weeks ago after 6 weeks of waiting (although I had to sacrifice a corner of the DVD guide to send in my proof of purchase :P).
Do you mean the fake cover for the Season 6 box that was offered, or is it an actual DVD case that looks like a case used in Seasons 1-5?
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:20 pm

J2 wrote:
Andreas wrote: Well, I just bought season 7 last friday, and season 9 will take some time before it gets released in Germany. But it's definitely on my list, since there are quite some nice episodes, as Jake pointed out already, esp. "Lisa's Sax", of course. And I'm so glad they finally released season 6 in a regular digipack box as well, rather than only in that hideous head box. Now my DVD shelf looks nice again. :)
They have the regular box for Season 6 in Germany!?  Nooo....I hate America.  :-[
When season 6 was released here, they only offered that head box. I was really annoyed and even wrote an e-mail to Fox Germany, but they replied a regular box wouldn't be available. But recently, suddenly a digipack box popped up in the stores, so I sold my head box at eBay and got the regular one. The only thing I can think of is that the sales figures were below their expectations, so they went for the regular box in the second edition.

It is not an exact replica of the season 1 to 5 boxes, though. Those were fold-out boxes, whereas the DVD trays in the season 6 (and 7) boxes are stacked onto each other and fixed with some clear tape. So they might get worn out a bit faster, but if you handle them with care, it shouldn't matter that much.
Andreas

Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:28 pm

J2 wrote: Do you mean the fake cover for the Season 6 box that was offered, or is it an actual DVD case that looks like a case used in Seasons 1-5?
The former; but honestly, as long as it matches the others on my shelves, I don't really care how the inside looks.  :P
"I was God once."