an inconvenient truth trailer, featuring bender

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
skajme
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

an inconvenient truth trailer, featuring bender

Post by skajme » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:17 pm

saw this video on ign and cant see it posted anywhere on here, so i thought id show you guys =]

http://uk.media.dvd.ign.com/media/859/859692/vids_1.html
Space. It seems to go on and on forever.
But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

www.skajme.deviantart.com
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Re: an inconvenient truth trailer, featuring bender

Post by Terry Y » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:36 am

At least it was funny! 

And is it just me, or does Al Gore get better and better every time he guest-stars with the F'rama crew?
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Kif White
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Decepticon Commander

Post by Kif White » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:14 am

Apparently he's also reprising his role in the upcoming new Futurama as the "Emperor of the Moon" again too.  :)
- Kenneth White

"Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without."

Now Watching: Babylon 5 - Season 3
Now Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, Pokemon Heart Gold
Now Reading: Catch 22
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:47 pm

Not bad at all, I thought Gore did a pretty respectable job.  I have to say that it didn't really make me want to watch his film but fair play to the guy for not taking himself too seriously.  Nice to hear he'll in the the new Futurama too.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Archonix » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 pm

Al Gore not taking himself seriously is becoming a rare event these days, so it's something that should be cherished when it happens. When he does it, he does it really well. I suspect he missed his calling when he became a politician. :)

The film ain't worth it. It's just a hollywood-budget powerpoint presentation when all's said and done, and the science is questionable to boot, from what I've been able to glean. But that's a debate for another time and another place... :)

Least the trailer's fun. ;D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks