The latest episode revelation

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

The latest episode revelation

Post by Meteorite » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 am

As many of you already heard, some plots for the next season were leaked out.  I don't follow the new episodes much anymore, but I couldn't help but stop when I heard the plot of one of them.

Homer becomes the new owner of a used car lot after Gil sells him a car with the lot's deed still inside the glovebox.  Meanwhile, Lisa hikes along Springfield Gorge and during a dangerous attempt to save an endangered chipmunk on the edge, she loses balance and falls.
What the hell?

If you think that's bad enough, look at this screenshot.  I think it says everything I'm thinking.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: The latest episode revelation

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:59 pm

*LOL* I must say, the stuff about the car lot almost got me.

Lovely screenshot.

(Does the cloud farthest to the right have eyes?)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Meteorite » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:11 pm

A Spy in Mancunia wrote: *LOL* I must say, the stuff about the car lot almost got me.
Well, that's better than nothing!  ;D
A Spy in Mancunia wrote: (Does the cloud farthest to the right have eyes?)
Yes.  While throwing this together, I thought it necessary to have a Mario cloud in there.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open

Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:01 pm

This should be in the fan art section ;D

I'm glad this aint happenin' though.
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:15 pm

SSH!!  DON'T GIVE AL JEAN MORE BAD IDEAS!

Next thing you know, Marge'll become a robot!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Tyrannus
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Tyrannus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:37 pm

missy_misery wrote: SSH!!  DON'T GIVE AL JEAN MORE BAD IDEAS!

Next thing you know, Marge'll become a robot!
What about Bart's long lost triplets? They've already had magic in "Future-drama", they can't sink much lower now.
There really should be a thread for art like that "screen shot". I think a more detailed plot description would be like this;
The crazy cat lady destroys Homers old car prompting him to buy a new one. Unfortunatly the only place he can buy brand new cars from now belongs to the jockey trolls. So Homer becomes the new owner of a used car lot after Gil sells him a car with the lot's deed still inside the glovebox. Meanwhile, Lisa hikes along Springfield Gorge and during a dangerous attempt to save an endangered chipmunk on the edge, she loses balance and falls, Milhouse commits suicide. The rest of the episode consists of Lisa and Milhouse's corpses rotting in silence, could do with a laugh track at the end. Homer's plot is unresolved. Oh, and Lisa has wings, Moe gets a cellphone, and Bart does nothing.
Guest starring some random celebritys that no one cares about as themselves.

It would be fun to see this as a fanscript next April fools day, or any day for that matter.

Disclaimer:I have nothing against Lisa or Milhouse. In fact I like them. I was just adding development to the original idea.
Crazed Sherri & Terri fan.

You can't have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry-Beelzebot.
fellranger

Post by fellranger » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:05 pm

And there I was thinking "Blimey, the quality of animation's really taken a dive recently"....
Dammit!  You had me going there until I saw the "screenshot..."
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:45 pm

I'd like to think of Future-Drama as a sort of an AU sidestep piece.  It's Frink's invention's view of the future - but really, the only accurate vision we have of the future is apparently Bart's Supreme Court nomination in the Itchy and Scratchy movie ep.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Fionn
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Fionn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 am

Of course, that brings the problem of having Bart's future "set" with him becoming a Supreme Court Justice at some point-but that's a rant for another thread.
Hey you, out there in the cold,
Getting lonely, getting old,
Can you hear me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles,
With itching feet and fading smiles,
Can you feel me?
Hey You! Don\'t help them to bury the light.
Don\'t give in without a fight.

-\"Hey You\", by Pink Floyd
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by Meteorite » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:05 am

Fionn wrote: Of course, that brings the problem of having Bart's future "set" with him becoming a Supreme Court Justice at some point-but that's a rant for another thread.
Aw, no.  This thread is just a dumb April Fools joke at best but if you've got something of interest relating to posts here, go ahead and say it here.

Admittedly, I don't exactly know how this got from a bad drawing to discussing the future of the Simpsons...

Tyrannus
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Tyrannus » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:06 pm

missy_misery wrote: I'd like to think of Future-Drama as a sort of an AU sidestep piece.  It's Frink's invention's view of the future - but really, the only accurate vision we have of the future is apparently Bart's Supreme Court nomination in the Itchy and Scratchy movie ep.
Well actually, Bart's supreme court nomination may of been in Marges imagination like the Bart becoming a stripper. I think it was mentioned in the commentary.
Either way my biggest problem with the magic line isn't to do with continuity. IMO the line utterly destroys the plots before they even surface, after all if you can turn a photograph into a cake then surely you can use magic to make someone like you for who you are or obtain enough money to make the cost of the underwater house seem like mere pennys, or it could be used to get your own diploma. The whole magic thing was the worst of the many plotholes (along with Lisa being valedictorian instead of Allison who graduated a year earlier than  Lisa, who, in Future-Drama was idiotic enough to date date Milhouse for rescuing her from a fire that she knew he started... Amongst other things). I've got a whole wordpad document that lists my other problems with that abomination of an episode.
But still, your view of the future episodes is probably the best way to think of them. It also works for fanfiction.
Crazed Sherri & Terri fan.

You can't have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry-Beelzebot.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:54 am

Actually, I'd like to think that "Lisa's Wedding" works as canon.  Sensible characterisation abounds in it.

Wow, this is getting WAY OT...