Check out my simpsons amv!

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Check out my simpsons amv!

Post by Meghan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQbVIAk02Y

I made this a few days ago. And I am really proud of it.  ;D

Note: Apparently someone reported a copyright claim on it. It ticked me off because it clearly stated in the credits that the clips, music, and everything were owned by those responsible for creating it. Not me! So I had to take it down and put it back up by using a different song but making it known in my commentary it was FanMade.

Anyway, here is the alternative one under a different amv title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8OtDxmwdA8
Last edited by Meghan on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Re: Check out my simpsons amv!

Post by Casper » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:46 pm

Not bad :) I think you went a bit special effects crazy but, its quite nice. ;D

Only suggestion if you was to do another, would be to try and correlate the pictures with the music a little more. Say, for a fast song, use short quick clips, etc etc.

And, I mean this in the nicest way possible but... dont use that style for the credits! Blue background and white arial text has been used on pretty much half of the YouTube movies that have ever been posted. I dont mind credits being there but, make them a bit more original if its not too much to ask. ;)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Thank you....when I first made it to be honest I was still into that more "experimental" stage regarding Windows Movie Maker. But I hope on making some more soon when I have the chance.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 pm

It's a fairly action-filled video, I guess, and I quite like the song, but I have to be a bit critical about it, just to help you improve in the future. I prefer AMVs where the visuals suit the lyrics, and I don't see that here. In fact, there doesn't seem to be much of a "plot" at all... Bart fighting Skinner, that makes sense, but why intersperse it with clips from "The First [Annoyed Grunt]el"? The fight scene clips themselves seems to repeat themselves a lot. The video would be improved by adding further clips that seem to fit the story you want to bring out.

Casper already mentioned the superabundancy of special effects.

Finally, a question: from which episode are the Russian arthouse cartoon-style clips about the evil cafeteria worker? Those are just awesome.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Tony_Baritone
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Tony_Baritone » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:13 pm

"Yokel Chords".  One of the highlights of the episode for me.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:13 pm

Thanks, Tony!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 am

A Spy in Mancunia wrote: It's a fairly action-filled video, I guess, and I quite like the song, but I have to be a bit critical about it, just to help you improve in the future. I prefer AMVs where the visuals suit the lyrics, and I don't see that here. In fact, there doesn't seem to be much of a "plot" at all... Bart fighting Skinner, that makes sense, but why intersperse it with clips from "The First [Annoyed Grunt]el"? The fight scene clips themselves seems to repeat themselves a lot. The video would be improved by adding further clips that seem to fit the story you want to bring out.

Casper already mentioned the superabundancy of special effects.

Finally, a question: from which episode are the Russian arthouse cartoon-style clips about the evil cafeteria worker? Those are just awesome.
Hmmmmm, I can't remember the title but its the episode where Bart goes to see a psycharitrist.