Groening wiki

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Groening wiki

Post by D.B. » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:32 pm

A link spotted on lisa-simpson.net, which people may have fun editing:

http://wiki.eyeonfuturama.com/index.php/Main_Page
* D.B. readies himself for rants about 'Kill the gator and run' and 'I D'oh-bot'
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Groening wiki

Post by archonix » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Oooh, wiki. Is it me or does it have a lot of website links in it?
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:44 pm

Is it me or does it have a lot of website links in it?
Heh! it looks like there is a bit of...uhh..."promotion" going on there at the moment  ;)  It does seem like a nice idea though, so hopefully as the content increases things will improve.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:44 pm

Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger

Post by fellranger » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:29 pm

Shameless...absolutely shameless... ;D
Seriously though, that's the kind of article that's needed on there, not over the top on stats/technical stuff/admin biographies but a good informative history of the site.  It's got a lighter tone than the usual po-faced Wikipedia style, so it fits in pretty well with some of the other articles over there  ;).  Nice job!
I'm wondering how far the remit extends for more general Groening related content. They've got a stub article for The Simpsons in general but I don't know how much detail they'd want to go into.  Extending it would be overlapping with Wikipedia to a certain degree but on the other hand, it's going to be a bit of a limited Wiki if they stick to websites only.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:27 pm

It is, especially if they stick to the whole "these are the admin, this is the software, here are some stats" format. After a while it gets repetetive.

I wouldn't complain if they did extend the content. Wikipedia has an amazing ability to suck the enjoyment out of anything it does an article on. Their articles on The Venture Brothers read like an economics thesis.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Ivan
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Ivan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:03 am

Archonix wrote: Oooh, wiki. Is it me or does it have a lot of website links in it?
That's the entire point; it was made pretty much as a huge archive for Simpsons and Futurama-related links.
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:05 pm

Archonix wrote: Wikipedia has an amazing ability to suck the enjoyment out of anything it does an article on. Their articles on The Venture Brothers read like an economics thesis.
Well, it's supposed to be an encyclopedia after all. The enjoyment about a certain topic should be reserved to fansites and the like. ;)
Andreas