Guest Stars Ahoy!

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Guest Stars Ahoy!

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=22487
John Stewart, Jack Black, Lionel Richie, Stephen Colbert, Matt Dillon, Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney are among the upcoming guest voices on the 19th season of "The Simpsons" airing Sundays (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on Fox.

Homer is flying high in the season premiere episode, "He Loves To Fly And He D'ohs," airing Sunday, Sept. 23 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT). After Homer saves Mr. Burns from drowning in a mall fountain, Burns thanks him by taking him on a whirlwind trip to Chicago on his private plane. Homer is smitten with the luxury jet and all the perks that come with it, including flying with song legend Richie, who serenades him with a customized version of "Say You, Say Me." After returning home, Homer makes it his mission to find a job that offers him the chance to fly on a corporate jet, and he enlists a life coach, guest star Colbert, to help fulfill this dream.

Steve Buscemi guest-stars in "I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" Sunday, Sept. 30 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT). When Marge gets caught in a bank robbery, she convinces the assailant, Dwight (Buscemi), to turn himself in with the promise she will visit him in the pokey. Too scared to visit him, Marge may have to pay the price when Dwight escapes and comes looking for her.

In "Husband And Knives" Sunday, Oct. 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), much to the shock of Comic Book Guy, Coolsville Comics & Toys opens up directly across the street. Owned by friendly hipster Milo (guest star Black), Coolsville is the ultimate retro fabulous store, which even offers the kids of Springfield a chance to meet comic book creators like guest stars Alan Moore, Art Spiegleman and Dan Clowes. Meanwhile, Marge takes her own hobby of working out to the next level by opening up a women's-only workout center.

Later in the season, Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney are reunited playing Sideshow Bob, his brother and father, respectively, and Jon Stewart, Matt Dillon, Maya Rudolph, Dan Rather, Placido Domingo, Kurt Loder, Weird Al Yankovic, Beverly D'Angelo and Topher Grace also pay Springfield a visit.
*dances around performing the "Weird Al Is Guest-Starring Again Hell Yes" Polka*
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Guest Stars Ahoy!

Post by missy_misery » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:05 pm

YEY!  More Weird Al!

I like Jack Black n' all, but doesn't Springfield already have a hipster retro toy store?!

Ep I'm most looking forward to: The Sideshow Bob ep.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:15 pm

missy_misery wrote: YEY!  More Weird Al!

I like Jack Black n' all, but doesn't Springfield already have a hipster retro toy store?!

Ep I'm most looking forward to: The Sideshow Bob ep.
And all things considered, the return of Beverly D'Angelo could prove most interesting...

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm interested in the plot with Marge and the prisoner, and the Marge starts a gym subplot. Nice how they're doing something with her interest in working out.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:15 am

A Spy in Mancunia wrote: I'm interested in the plot with Marge and the prisoner, and the Marge starts a gym subplot. Nice how they're doing something with her interest in working out.
A couple of posters at NHC were quick to claim that the prisoner episode will be very similar to "Pokey Mom," and even said "they" weren't even bothering to "hide it" due to the presence of the word "pokey" in the description.

I sh*t thee not.

I draw too, dammit!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:33 am

Woah, they're possibly breaking Lurleen out of Betty Ford? 

I'm looking forward to that one, too.

Last season was somewhat uneven, but it did show signs of improvement that have me hopeful for all of this.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Add Glenn Close to the "Returning" list.

Why do I get the feeling we'll be hearing the name "DeVito" before long?

I draw too, dammit!
Robbie
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Robbie » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:17 pm

missy_misery wrote: Woah, they're possibly breaking Lurleen out of Betty Ford? 

I'm looking forward to that one, too.

Last season was somewhat uneven, but it did show signs of improvement that have me hopeful for all of this.
Woah...

Talk about digging up the past...
I think this is sick. You're staring at a dot!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:54 am

Stretch Dude wrote: Why do I get the feeling we'll be hearing the name "DeVito" before long?
*HOPES LIKE WOAH THIS WILL HAPPEN*

I will say that Mona's two appearences weren't overdone/badly written, so I have hope for this season.

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:27 am

I have a theory now. The last couple of seasons have been written alongside writing the film, correct? It strikes me that, even with a huge writing staff, a lot of creative energy was being sucked up by the film. Perhaps now that's over we'll see an improvement.

Maybe.

Perhaps.

At least the animators are still good. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:53 pm

New-type info, fresh from the Con.
Other tidbits revealed in the panel include:

— The crew is working on 60 new episodes of Futurama, which will be done in widescreen.

— "Spider Pig" from The Simpsons Movie will make an appearance in the first episode of the new season. There was a scene with the loveable pig at the end of the movie that got cut, but it will most likely make it onto the DVD.

— Lurlene Lumpkin is coming back next season.

— For Valentine's Day there will be a Sid and Nancy episode, with Nelson as Sid Vicious and Lisa as Nancy Spungen.

The panel was brought to a close with a clip from the upcoming season's Halloween episode. In it, Marge is decorating cupcakes that look like jack-o'-lanterns. She pokes fun at the fact that Halloween "was last week," but at the Simpsons' house they're still celebrating (a nod to the fact that the Halloween episodes never air on Halloween). While she's speaking, the American Idol "bug" pops up on screen. Marge is upset by this, grabs her Dust Buster and sucks the logo up. She tries to start speaking again, but the Fox Sports "bug" pops up and a bunch of mini-football players run out. Marge kills them with bug spray. Next, 24 (along with a mini-Jack Bauer), Family Guy (with mini-Peter Griffin) and House bugs (with mini-Dr. House) appear. Marge grabs Jack and sticks him to the fridge with a magnet. Next, she "blends" Peter to death with a cappuccino frother. Lastly, she grabs Dr. House, sticks him in the microwave, and blows him up. Cut to the family sitting at the dining room table and Marge walking in with fresh baked bread. "Dinner is served," says Marge. She slices off a piece of bread to reveal the various body parts of all these guys spelling out "Treehouse of Terror XVII."

I draw too, dammit!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:10 am

@Graham: IMOHO, at least the last couple of seasons have the distinction of being uneven, which is better than the four seasons before it, which were equable to ingesting rat poision */inner wanky Simpsons fan*  ;)

Huh, the TOH opening this year sounds fairly amusing (they haven't amused me since Maude Flanders' return a few seasons back).

...Nelson and Lisa as Sid and Nancy!  I'm almost afraid to find out what's going to serve as a substitute for heroin in the story...

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:51 am

Truckers Choice!
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:26 am

I draw too, dammit!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:14 pm

FOCCASYN!  No, wait, that'd actually be better for a Nightmare on Elm Street parody...

I had a feeling the Bob ep would pop up in November sweeps.  Now I'm wondering how they'll get around the existance of his wife and Gino, or if they'll conveniently be "back in Italy" for all of this.