Futurama vs the Writers Strike

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Futurama vs the Writers Strike

Post by archonix » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:52 pm

I just had a thought. There have been tenuous rumours of a possible restart of the series at some point, depending on the success of the films but after a while they've petered out. I think I may have a whacky "theroy" - as it were - as to why this is the case.

The writers strike. The bloody writers strike! Think about it, they got the films in the can, the first DVD is a massive success and these rumours start to pop up. Then the writers all go on strike. Now what? Can't write a new series without writers, can we? If there's a chance of a new series it won't even get mentioned until this dispute with the writers is solved... oddly enough that actually gets my hopes up, because if there was no chance of a new series the net would be rife with speculation about it and everyone would be predicting when it would come out. The silence on this subject is absolutely deafening, which implies that there might, might be a possibility...

Well, a man can dream. Oh yes... :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks