Season 21 Promo Cards

Discuss The Simpsons, Futurama and other Groening related stuff. Remember Life in Hell?
Forum rules
When posting reviews of new episodes, please be sure to add "REVIEW:" to the start of your title so the software knows that it's a review.
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Season 21 Promo Cards

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 pm

No, I'm not kidding. They're starting a bit early this year, it seems.

"Homer the Whopper:"

Comic Book Guy casts Homer as the lead in “Everyman,” a feature film based on the new comic book superhero he created. To whip him into shape for the part, the movie studio hires celebrity fitness trainer Lyle McCarthy (guest voice Seth Rogen) but Homer has trouble sticking to his new, healthy regimen.

This episode is co-written by Seth Rogen, and was originally intended to air in season 20.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Grey Sketch

Re: Season 21 Promo Cards

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Should've called it "Radioactive King of the Hill Man".  :homer:
Kill the xenos, burn the heretics, start with Flanders!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:12 am

"Treehouse of Horror XX:"

Fox has released a promotional image and airdate for this season’s Treehouse Of Horror XX. For a nice change, the episode will be airing on October 18, before Halloween rather than after. The promotional image and episode synopsis can be seen below.

Act 1: Krusty’s latest fast food sandwich transforms Springfield into engraged zombies and twenty-eight days later, these munchers have overrun the town.

Act 2: Homer accidentally falls through a trapdoor in Moe’s tavern and impales himself on the pipes of Moe’s microbrewery. Moe serves Marge and the barflies glasses of delicious beer flavored with Homer’s blood while Homer, now half-man, half-brewing apparatus, trapped underneath the bar sings about his fate a’la Sweeney Todd.

Act 3: Lisa strikes a deal with Bart to take revenge on their teachers, but when the plan goes awry Lisa turns her vengence towards Bart in a series of homages to classic Hitchcock, including “Vertigo,” “Psycho,” “North By Northwest” and “Spellbound.”
Awe. Freaking. Some. (Also: 3 acts!)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 pm

That picture is almost enough to make me seek this episode out when it finally airs.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:46 pm

At least they're all actual horror this year.
sabrina_diamond
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Custom Title: Hippie

Post by sabrina_diamond » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:14 am

Is treehouse of horror 20 going to be as gory as Nightmare Cafeteria? Because if it is (predicting by Sweeny Todd segment) then I'm not gonna watch it when it comes out.  :E  :o
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 am

sabrina_diamond wrote: Is treehouse of horror 20 going to be as gory as Nightmare Cafeteria? Because if it is (predicting by Sweeny Todd segment) then I'm not gonna watch it when it comes out.  :E  :o
I believe Al Jean said in an interview that the 28 Days Later spoof is the goriest THOH segment they've ever done.

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:33 pm

"The Devil Wears Nada:"

In an effort to raise money for charity, Marge and the “Philanthro-Chicks” decide to pose for a calendar. At the photo studio, Marge loosens up with wine and before long, Marge and her pin-up poses are the talk of Springfield.
...Why do I get the distinct feeling they're going to try and out-fanservice "Large Marge"?

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm

"Pranks and Greens:"

Bart tracks down Andy Hamilton, Springfield Elementary’s best prankster ever (guest voice Jonah Hill) and they become fast friends until Bart gets Andy a job working for the ultimate clown.

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:12 pm

"Once Upon A Time In Springfield:"

Fox have released a promotional image for Sunday January 10th’s premiere of “Once Upon a Time in Springfield”, the milestone 450th episode of The Simpsons.

Krusty the Clown is forced to hire an actress named Princess Penelope for The Krusty the Clown Show to generate more young, female viewers. Krusty and Princess Penelope end up in a relationship.

Anne Hathaway will guest star in the episode as Princess Penelope. Krusty’s father Hyman Krustofski will also appear, and Jackie Mason will return to voice him. Eartha Kitt also recorded a role before her death in December 2008.

I draw too, dammit!
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

"Million Dollar Maybe:"

HOMER AND BART LIVE THE GOOD LIFE ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS”

SUNDAY, JANUARY 31, ON FOX

Chris Martin of Coldplay Makes Guest Voice Appearance

Homer blows off Marge to buy a lottery ticket and winds up winning the million-dollar jackpot. Fearing how Marge will react if she finds out the reason Homer missed their date, Homer keeps his newly inherited fortune a secret and spoils his family with “anonymous” gifts. When Bart finds out, he and Homer spend the money like it’s going out of style, including buying front-row to tickets to see Coldplay (guest voice Martin) in concert, in the all-new “Million Dollar Maybe” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Jan. 31.

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Oh hay guyz do you know if Coldplay in this episode?

Sounds like a good setup, though. Nice title as well.
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:31 pm

A double-dose this time!

"Boy Meets Curl:"

HOMER AND MARGE GO FOR THE GOLD ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS”
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14, ON FOX

Bob Costas Makes Guest Voice Appearance

Homer takes Marge out for a romantic evening of ice skating and hand-holding, but upon entering the rink, they encounter a curling team practicing. Marge and Homer take to the ice and discover their love for the sport, and soon after, join the curling team and compete with them in the Olympic trials. Team Springfield claims the win and moves on to the 2010 Vancouver Games where Bob Costas (guest-voicing as himself) covers the action. Meanwhile, sleazy vendors introduce Lisa to the world of collecting Olympic pins, and before long, Lisa is hopelessly addicted in the all-new “Boy Meets Curl” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2105) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Pamela Haden as Milhouse; Tress MacNeille as Dolph

Guest Voice Cast: Bob Costas as Himself
"The Color Yellow:"

THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) – “The Color Yellow”

In an all-new episode, Lisa (Yeardley Smith) discovers that her Southern ancestors helped a slave, Virgil (guest voice Wren T. Brown), escape to freedom and presents her family’s story during Black History Month.

I draw too, dammit!
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

I really like the premise of "The Color Yellow."  Family history is always fun. 

The former?  Ehhh, I could take it or leave it.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Stretch_Dude
Senior Control Officer
Senior Control Officer

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:28 pm

A more detailed description for "The Color Yellow:"
When Miss Hoover asks her students to research their family history, Lisa is horrified to discover that most of her ancestors were bad people – a motley crew of horse thieves and deadbeats. But while rummaging through the attic, Lisa happens upon a diary kept by her ancestor, Eliza Simpson. As Eliza’s story unfolds, Lisa learns that her family was part of the Underground Railroad, a group that helped slaves escape to freedom. Eliza recounts liberating a slave named Virgil (guest voice Brown), but when Lisa presents her findings at school, some of her classmates refute it, leaving Lisa determined to exonerate her family’s name in the all-new “The Color Yellow” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Feb. 21 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2106) (TV-PG L, V)

I draw too, dammit!