Competition Winners!

News posts and global announcements are made here. As these posts concern the entire site they will also appear on the front page.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Competition Winners!

Post by archonix » Fri May 18, 2007 8:57 pm

So, the winners. In first place we have Beb with her picture All you can Eat.

Seocnd place goes to Ilyich, with Futurama Mafia.

Third place goes to Zandernice aka AlexNice, with The Slurm Factory.

We'd also like to put out an honourable mention for Smokin Joe's Cydonia Sunset, which was excellent in its own right but didn't quite pip the winners.

If the prize winners would like to get in touch with me they can claim their prize. Just send an e-mail to admin@simpworks.com or send me a private message via the forum IM system.

This has been an amazing competition. The quality of the art has impressed me greatly, and we've seen some very creative ideas put out there. I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this competition and invite you all to stick around, as we'll be running other competitions in the near future which you might be interested in.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Competition Winners!

Post by c_nordlander » Fri May 18, 2007 9:02 pm

Standing ovations to Beb! And congratulations Ilyich, Zandernice and Smokin Joe!

Beb, your picture definitely deserved to win. Simply amazing. All the others mentioned here were also great. This can't have been an easy task for the judges.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Fri May 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Woohoo! To the e-bar, chums!

The two other winners (and honourable mention) were exactly what I'd have picked. Ilyich, your lobster mobster is perfect.  ;D

The quality and sheer volume of art has made this competition great to watch and participate in. Many, many thanks to your Majesties the judges and to everyone who entered. Stay! We have cake*!

*Cake may exist only in the form of image or idea.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Sat May 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Congratulations to all winners, and props to everyone who created a picture for this contest! I'm not that interested in Futurama fanart for some reason (although I really like the show), but I've seen some amazing pics. Unfortunately, I can't comment on every entry, but I was most amazed by Beb's wonderful underwater painting (it really looks like a painting, done in water colors, which is very appropriate for the portrayed scene :) ).
Andreas

fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Sat May 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Yay!  Congratulations Beb! I don't think there's any doubt about the verdict, that was the most incredible piece of Futurama artwork I've seen.  Ilyich was a worthy second (got to love this "traditional media" style) and Zandernice definitely deserved his place in the top three - a great alternative take on the show designs.
So, well done to the judges too!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
iamtherealbender
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by iamtherealbender » Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Congrats to all the winners!!!! I am glad to have participated in this competition with such great artists!!!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Fri May 25, 2007 8:54 am

Congrats to everyone who participated!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:00 am

Congratulations to all participants.  And I have to hand it to you Beb, That pics was amazing! AMAZING!
Never judge a book by its cover.....