Yet Another New Forum Theme!

News posts and global announcements are made here. As these posts concern the entire site they will also appear on the front page.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Yet Another New Forum Theme!

Post by archonix » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:29 pm

I've installed a new forum theme which, I think, looks a lot nicer than the last one. Though the last one was nice as well. Anyway, I've now set the forum to allow people to pick from a small selection of themes too, so you won't necessarily be bored anymore. I would have liked to build a theme replicating the 'classic' simpworks forum but last time I tried messing with the themes in any substantial way I sort of broke it.

I like this theme. I'm going to see if I can stretch it over the rest of the site and see how it looks.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor

Re: Yet Another New Forum Theme!

Post by fellranger » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:38 am

Yeah...looks good!  It's quite a bright and clean look, seems to fit in with that top banner pretty well too.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:24 am

Holy... This...this is a thing, here. Very blue.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:10 am

Fits perfectly with the rest of the site!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:24 am

I'm actually not very fond of the vast field of Very Similar Blue, so I'm glad you added in the alternate themes option.

Though I'm still not entirely sure why things had to change in the first place...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
sabrina_diamond
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician
Custom Title: Hippie

Post by sabrina_diamond » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 am

I like :D It's sooo blue.... Like the sky :D
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:52 pm

This is very nice

My only real complaint is the 'New Post'/'No New Posts' icon on the left of each board name. Its a bit vague, hard to tell them appart. But other than that its a great scheme, suits the rest of the site nicely. :)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Yeah, I like this. It always takes me a while to get used to changes of layout, but aqua blue just seems more dynamic and, well, suitable for a Simpsons-Futurama fansite than the previous grey one.

The "new post" icon could be a bit clearer perhaps, but I don't have a problem with it.

And for those who really can't stand this colour scheme: go to "Look and Layout Preferences" in the Profile section and you can set a different one for yourselves.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:38 pm

I likes it! 
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:59 pm

Blue is my favorite color, so I like the new theme. :) I don't know if it's only my PC, but the background color of the GFWC logo is #A4C3FF, so the background color of the header is slightly off (#ACC9FF). The custom member rank icons seem to be missing as well, I see only the default stars. But otherwise, very nice. :)
Andreas

Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:11 am

I love this new theme, if only because I finally have a link back to the main site through the forums.

(And... if it existed before this addition, then I was simply not observant enough.)
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:06 pm

I really like this new look, just wanted to tell you Mista Graham.  :)
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:34 pm

aoifestorm wrote: I really like this new look, just wanted to tell you Mista Graham.  :)
I just thank heaven you didn't call him "Mista G." That would have produced mental images that would no doubt create a severe wave of brain hemorrhages.

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:37 am

On top of which, right now I can't afford all the bling I'd need to justify such a name. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:10 pm

Archonix wrote: On top of which, right now I can't afford all the bling I'd need to justify such a name. :)
Not the way I feared it... You'd only need a purple tux and some green hair dye.

I draw too, dammit!