Stuff the turkey, gimme some beer!

News posts and global announcements are made here. As these posts concern the entire site they will also appear on the front page.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Stuff the turkey, gimme some beer!

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 pm

It's a teensy bit late but I wanted to wish all our American friends a happy Thanksgiving, especially those that may be having a less than perfect time at the moment. Not everyone gets to spend a time with their family on holidays, or may find that their family has decided to make the day... interesting, or perhaps eventful. To those I want to wish an extra special holiday, the hope for a brighter future, and that today will bring more to be thankful for than you expect. And in the meantime, enjoy the turkey. :D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: Stuff the turkey, gimme some beer!

Post by Gulliver63 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:57 pm

I want to thank you from across the pond here, as it was a really good Thanksgiving in spite of the evil Desoxo corporation trying to make my life miserable at work. I've always wanted to tell a British person "thanks" for being a true friend; I hated to see you guys drug into the Iraq war, but you've stood by us as the best of friends through that mess. I hope no one over there thinks less of me when my latest story comes out; one of the meanies in it is a portly cockney nurse named Nurse Whateley. I originally was going to have her be a scouser, but she was more easy to visualize as an east-ender. If she wouldn't have been British, she would have either been from the south or from New York. I just wish I could do an animated version and kidnap Dawn French to do the voice talent... :leela
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:09 am

Much thanks!

I'm very grateful for a lot of things. It's pretty crappy right now in a lot of ways, but I'm still breathin'! It'll take more than a bad year to keep me down! Bring it on, L.A.!

As for Thanksgiving dinner, I had it at a bakery near my house. The food was pretty bland, tasting like it had been sitting out all day (and probably had been) and the service was horrible, taking almost twenty minutes for a coffee refill. But then the pie, oh the pie......so awesome. Almost made it worth it. Almost.
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 am

You know you'll always have our sympathy and support, Terry.

Shame that your dinner sucked. At least there was that pie...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63

Post by Gulliver63 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:15 pm

I'd have to agree with Terry...it's been a rough year as far as work stress goes (as far as my personal life and the art thingee, it's been wonderful). BTW, I took my daughter to the Vidcom YouTube conference in Century City back in July, and my sister in Phoenix recently took her daughter to LA to get some ear surgery. It was fun going to Cali - I hadn't been there since early 1996. I hope the rest of the weekend is a good one for you.
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:57 am

Aww, Terry!

I'm thankful for my health and my typing skills and the fact that I'm still breathing.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"