Upcoming themed competition

News posts and global announcements are made here. As these posts concern the entire site they will also appear on the front page.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Upcoming themed competition

Post by archonix » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Following suggestions that didn't in any way involve threats of violence, I've decided to shortly run a new competition here at simpworks. However, unlike previyous competitions, there is going to be some difference in how things are run: no prizes, for one thing. I can't afford them, but winners will get a lot of praise.

The competition will be quite simple. Each day there will be one or two themes to choose from and artists or writers can submit work based on that theme, but it has to be within that 24 hour period. That means no epic dramas and enormous works of art, but more likely quick speed-paints and drabbles.

Timings are still being worked out, but this is meant to give you a heads up. Tell your friends!
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Upcoming themed competition

Post by missy_misery » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:54 am

EXCITED. I can definitely get involved with this.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Re: Upcoming themed competition

Post by Terry Y » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:36 am

Terry is interested!
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child