Registration Deactivated for a couple of days

News posts and global announcements are made here. As these posts concern the entire site they will also appear on the front page.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Registration Deactivated for a couple of days

Post by archonix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Due to a sudden and rather annoying spam infestation I've turned off registration for a couple of days. It'll be back on when I get phpbb3 updated with akismet protection.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Re: Registration Deactivated for a couple of days

Post by D.B. » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Registration is turned back on, subject to admin approval. Let's see if we get inundated or not.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Ok, I brought up the whole inundation thing in jest, then looked at my inbox and...hmm...

Registration is deactivated again for a while.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 am

For the record, I tried using a re-captcha plugin overnight, which cut down registrations significantly, but there were still quite a few.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks