Art Competition Entry Thread

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Art Competition Entry Thread

Post by archonix » Sun May 08, 2005 11:26 pm

This is the thread for entries in the new GFC art competition. Please see this thread for more information. You can only post competition entries here. Any other posts will be removed. If you want to discuss the competition, or comment on tha art posted here, please do so in the thread linked above.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Dagdamor

Re: Competition Entry Thread

Post by Dagdamor » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:25 pm

This one is from Graham's "Child of Darkness".

Important: this is not my pic. Artist's name is Tanya, and I'm posting this here from her permission. Hope you will like the picture as much as I did. :)
Attachments
Lisa_Child_of_Darkness.png
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Competition Entry Thread

Post by archonix » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:08 pm

By slightly popular request I've decided to enter myself in this competition. Who knows, perhaps the thought that I might take my own prizes will encourage more people to sign up for it...

Hmm. I could have done better... I'm sure everyone can guiess what it's for.
Attachments
lf_1.png
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Re: Art Competition Entry Thread

Post by Ekko » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:29 am

After unimaginably long last, my entry is complete. I had to draw this around exams and work, using every spare hour at my disposal, and was plagued with numerous problems since day one. But that’s life.. *shrugs*

Anyways, this is a small snippet from Markus' (Hellfish's) THOH story, 'Smarmed', where the Simpson family children inherit magical powers for some reason or other. (Great stuff though, read it if you can ;D)

Well, I'll throw it into your mercy to judge it and stand aside impatiently... *crosses fingers*

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/9876/smarmed0kg.jpg 
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:58 pm

Hi folks.....remember me?   I know it's been a while since I was last here but I've decided to have a go at this competition.   My entry is a promo for Chris's excellent fic "The Search for Zapp".   My original intention was to colour this but I don't think I'm going to have the time so I've posted the semi-cleaned-up sketch version.   The only thing I need to point out (as there's no colour...) is that one of the eyes in the background was going to be coloured red and the other blue.   Zeal is based on Kenneth's fantastic character design - I certainly couldn't do any better.   I think I probably went over the top on the tentacles.......
Attachments
zapp promo.jpg
Last edited by fellranger on Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:34 pm

Right, here's mine. I've tried to create something as close to how a real promocard would look as I could...or at least I was till I tried to do the damn sea OFF style and discovered I couldn't. So it's OFF style with a Pat sea. :P

Anyway, enjoy - a familiar scene for all who have read Serge's Wings fic (at least I hope it'll be familiar...). Not the same one as Omar has done, but somehow the poses have turned out quite similar...  ???
Attachments
competitonentry4.png
Last edited by D.B. on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner