Re: new story post

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:11 am

:) there we go. i have fixed my bad message.
Last edited by zekeprower on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:52 am

You're going to get nowhere fast demanding money from us.

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 am

It's a shame you're demanding money for more (and there's nothing in your signature except for random quotage, so I don't get what you're getting at), because this is turning out pretty well. 

Unfortunately, trading money for fic is an ultra-dicey proposition.  It breaks fair useage laws, and unless you're adding illustrations and selling in a hardbound form like a fanzine very few people will be willing to shell out for it.  Even in bigger fandoms authors with bigger audiences - people who write LOTR and Buffy and Star Trek - are having a hard time making money off of what was once an easy sell.

Oh well.  I wish you luck.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:34 pm

forgiv those posts. my idiot brother got a hold of my password and decided to mess with me. it wont happen again
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:58 pm

missygal21880 wrote:

Hmm...a new doctor...with your name...with wings...and he turns out to be an angel who is crucial to the piece.  Umm....it's kind of treading a thin line, making a guy named after you a diety of some kind in the story. 
remember the fact also that Mark Twain is not his real name. this is a character that i have used since the beginning. only his physical apperance may change, but not his name and overall mindset.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Heh, I thought something like that. That wasn't like you. Anyway, you can edit your posts or even delete them if they were made by someone else. :)
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:17 pm

yeah i am slowly learning to do all of that. he just got to it befor i had the chance to stop him.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:26 pm

the fourth chapter will be up soon. i hope to put a rather good scene between Bart and Jessica Lovejoy in and there will also be a cameo by Allison.
Lisalover1
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lisalover1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:34 pm

When I said MY brother wrote some posts, no one believed me. :(
I AM THE BLAZER! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:43 pm

maybe it's just newbe luck. but i have fixed the problem and he won't be a problem anymore. i locked out my entire computer so it takes about twelve different passwords to get though. even if he got through one he wouldn't be able to do any damage. besides anyone who reads my posts should be able to tell the difference between them.
Lisalover1
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lisalover1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:49 pm

I've been on only a little longer than you have. Hey, check out my "Opinion" thread!
I AM THE BLAZER! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:37 am

Funny, I thought I'd already explained myself on this... 
zekeprower wrote:
Remember the fact also that Mark Twain is not his real name.

*blinks* I don't recall Mark Twain ever having named a character "Mark" in his novels/articles/short stories - nor Twain.  Nor Samuel Clemments.  Also, I wouldn't equate what we're doing (writing fanscripts and fics about something that is Not Our Property for the fun and entertainment and stress relief of our fellow fans and ourselves on teh internets) with what Twain did (become a literary legend with his classic writing, which will outlive my fanscripts for generations to come - I hope).  I'm only trying to save you a bit of stress over this situation, because other people in the world wide web would be far less measured in their response to any author naming a character in a story after himself.  People in fandom can be very harsh about this.

Also, frankly, you're lucky you haven't gotten banned for the whole brother thing.  Someone was banned a few months back after doing something similar.   
Lisalover1 wrote: When I said MY brother wrote some posts, no one believed me. :(
I don't recall anyone ever saying they didn't believe you.

DB, Kif, let me know if I'm overstepping my bounds and I will be silent as a mouse.  I just value our sense of community, is all.
Last edited by missygal21880 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:10 am

true. i am no legend nor a gifted writter. in fact i am probably the lowest spot on the totem pole. it was only a statement. please forgive my actions. i will await for a verdict of my removal from the site by the bosses.
missygal21880

Post by missygal21880 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:32 am

Oh, you're a fine writer!  I'm not saying the quality of your writing deserves to be questioned.  I'm just saying that similar prescident has been established due to the actions of others. 
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:06 am

the actions of others is a reprocussion of the actions of the one who started it. me. i think that i may have gone a little too far. i have appologized but i know that that is sometimes not enough. i came to the realization that unlike when you deal with people at school and ahve the rest of the year to erase pain, one doesn't have that chance when dealing with a forum.