STORY IDEAS

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

STORY IDEAS

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:12 pm

I have two ideas here, they're both unusual genres for The Simpsons, fairly thriller-oriented..but here we go..

The first is a variation on the typical marriage-in-crisis episode we see twice or so a season now on The Simpsons, though combined with a thriller..

The Set-Up
Four months ago Homer had an argument with Selma and left for work never to return. Now, despite Selma's pleas for Marge to move on with her life, Marge leaves in hopes of finding her husband. With the help of an FBI agent and friend of Selma's, she pursues a conspiracy (fabricated by Selma, meant to help her forget her husband and fall in love with her new ally). Four days later when a fake FBI agent is discovered dead in a motel Marge and Selma must settle their differences to find the real killer before Marge is charged with murder.

The second was conceived in hopes of utilizing Grandpa Simpson better, at least better than he was in Million Dollar Abie...

Forget the Truth
When the local retirement home is closed down because of state budget slashing Abe moves in with the Simpsons. One night Marge awakes to the sound of a gunshot, only to discover her father-in-law downstairs with a gun and no idea where he is or whose house he's in. Once getting the gun away from him he's taken to the hospital and diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. Homer doesn't know where he could've gotten the gun from and after returning to the Retirement Home discover several other residents have lost their memories too and one actually shot and killed his family. What is happening? And what can the Simpsons do to stop it?
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Re: STORY IDEAS

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Both sound quite interesting (the first perhaps more so to me, since I like stuff about Marge and her sisters, but both are good). Of course it's hard to say much about the plot, seeing how you can't give too much away, but they sound like they could make good thrillers.

I don't really see why Marge would be accused of the murder, though.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
THIEFOFALWAYS
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: STORY IDEAS

Post by THIEFOFALWAYS » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 pm

The idea would be its the same (fake) FBI agent Selma had set up Marge with. She would've been the last person seen with him, and therefore the most likely suspect.