Depressing (mature?) stuff from a bizarre mind...

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Depressing (mature?) stuff from a bizarre mind...

Post by SirMustapha » Wed May 08, 2002 10:08 am

I had this idea when I was on the bus back home. It's a short history I came up with through the last week and yesterday, and for the first time, it has no characters based on myself!! (the crowd cheers) ;D

But it's really depressing and shocking. Well, ok, the beginning may not me, but... Just read the damn thing and you'll understand. ;)

The working title is The Eagle, The Lion and The Bullock. It's, indeed, based on that thing that says a person is has three parts: The eagle (the mind, the intelligence), the lion (the heart, the emotions) and the bullock (the instinctive side of us all). Read it and (maybe) you'll understand the reason of the title. *crosses his fingers*
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Re: Depressing (mature?) stuff from a bizarre mind

Post by Dana » Wed May 08, 2002 11:36 am

Wow...strong writing. Thanks for the warning of depression, but it didn't help much.

Aaaahhhh..It's times like these when I'm glad to be 39...and thankful for all I have.

I have this strong urge to reach back into my teen years and throw AC/DC "Up to my neck in you" on the turntable and remember all the yearning for that one special person...I found her and her name was Marge. 20 years later and we're still enjoying our first date...a blind one at that. Ya just never know.

Great story...depressing yes, but it gives a good kick to your emotional side...and that's nice every now and then...thanks.
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Wed May 08, 2002 6:45 pm

:) This was a very interesting shortstory, Fernando. The lives of the characters interconnecting like that was executed well. The weird twist at the end really surprised me, too. :o
Fun stuff though, I am always interested in reading non-Simpsons related fiction from all of you here in addition to all of the Simpsons fanfics.  
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Thu May 09, 2002 8:01 pm

I started reading it last night, but it got late... I'm intrigued, though. I'll keep reading when I've got a chance. Your prose is lovely, your interlacing plots amaze me... this is the kind of stuff I would like to write! As it is, I love to read it.

You're right, Dana, teenage life is hell. Just one year to go and I'll be out of it...  :)

Oh, and one last thing, Fernando... please don't change the title! That is, unless you come up with one even better. It's the best short story title I can remember to have seen.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Sat May 11, 2002 9:16 am

Read it now. It's dark, and I'm kind of used to dark. It feels real. I'm... emoting... I don't know what to say. Thank you for showing me such a wonderful drama!
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.