Opinions: Survive or DIE(opening scenes)

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
Dana
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Opinions: Survive or DIE(opening scenes)

Post by Dana » Tue May 07, 2002 10:17 pm

At Last!

My original storyline was not cooperating with my creative mind at all , so I'm off in a slightly different direction. Not as dark, but a lot more clearer and a secondary story that will rival the main story.

The secondary story will focus on the remaining citizens of Springfield and there coping without the others who are in a secluded self-contained area near the gorge . The first idea that whacked me upside the head yesterday as I drove(thank god for that dvr!) was the shutdown of the power plant after Mr. Burns and smithers close the plant and leave it on auto-pilot so they can attend the survivor show. A high reading on one of the gauges causes the fail-safe mechanism to go off, plunging the city of Springfield into darkness.
They'll also be lions, tigers and bears on the loose. The worst part about is that our Springfield residents will be just a few seconds short of seeing the actual winner of the contest...poof..powers out. Now for the looters...and the lions and tigers and bears...OH MY!!
Yes, I do have a reasonable explanation for the animals, but you'll have to read it once I've gotten to that part in the finished script.
Oh well, just click on the link and let me know if I'm headed in the right direction...OH! and if anyone has a good grasp on frink-speak, for crying out glavin, please enlighten me! I love the character. I hear him in my head, but I'm not sure of the spelling of his lingo.

Thanks,

Dana
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool. --George Carlin
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Opinions: Survive or DIE(opening scenes)

Post by SirMustapha » Wed May 08, 2002 9:46 am

Hmm... promising! The idea is good, and I hope the results are good as well! Uh, there's nothing much to say about the script so far. The FOX scene was nice, and... well, I hope you keep up with it nicely!
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: Opinions: Survive or DIE(opening scenes)

Post by aoifestorm » Wed May 08, 2002 5:40 pm

:) The script is good so far, Dana.  It is funny already, so I am sure it will only get funnier as the story continues.  
;) I think Sheana has a very good grasp of Frink-speak, but you seem to be doing ok with the character in your story so far.  You shouldn't really concern yourself with the correct spelling of his Yiddishisms though, since I'm not sure anyone can really say that there one ultimately correct way to spell Yiddish words using our alphabet anyway.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.