OPINIONS - Simpson Moon Ep 2

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: OPINIONS - Simpson Moon Ep 2

Post by gkscotty » Sat May 18, 2002 11:32 pm

And Steven-san: thank you oh so very much. I love!
Does that mean that you've read it or that you're going to? :-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun May 19, 2002 1:47 am

It's really really good, Steven-san. And for once, original Sailormoon characters that don't suck! [Sniffles] It's all I ever asked for...
WELSH: What the hell was that?
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
WELSH: Oh, Turnbull.
-"Mountie Sings the Blues," due SOUTH
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun May 19, 2002 10:28 am

Nah, my Japanese sucks, you and Aoife know much more. But... [bows] you honour me.

GAMESHOW HOST: Please do not patronise us.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Karsten_Thiel
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Karsten_Thiel » Mon May 20, 2002 5:07 pm

Another great installment, Steve. There were lots of great jokes, while the serious scenes worked as well, and fitted well into the story, without being too severe a change of tone. Overall, the plot worked for me and was understandable. I suppose if I were a "Sailor Moon" fan (or at least knew something about the series), I could appreciate this parody more, but I still enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to more. :)
What flows from me nose does not go on the clothes.
hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Tue May 21, 2002 3:23 am

I like the reference to Sailoruranus, and the whole topic of the "other girls"...Salem witch trials, Peanuts, Daria, South Park, it was all great!

MERC-MARCIE (cont) : … we’re not the right girls, sir?

[Laughs head off]
Last edited by hadisia on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
FRASER: The sound of a grown man squealing in a manner not becoming a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue May 21, 2002 11:18 am

and the whole topic of the "other girls"...Salem witch trials, Peanuts, Daria, South Park, it was all great!
Thanks, though that wasn't a ref to Salem Witch trials... Artemis is speaking french, and refers to a girl named Joan...

who was of Arc, which is a crescent...
and who had a sword...
and who heard the voice of God, possibly coming from a small white cat. :-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue May 21, 2002 12:32 pm

Joan: A talking cat?  That can't be right, I must be hearing god.  Again.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Tue May 21, 2002 2:26 pm

*LOL* *LOL*

That's beautiful! Even though... I didn't get it...

[has a nitpick to make, which would explain why she didn't get it, but decides against looking like some total dorky French-speaking scum]
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
IDPStan
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by IDPStan » Tue May 21, 2002 5:12 pm

Comments about the latest part of Simpmoon.(part 1)

"JESSICA : What? I paid 60 dollars…
LAURA (interrupting) : Of my money!
JESSICA (cont) : … of her money for that manga! If I find out who forged that signature, I'll punish them in the name of collectors everywhere!

In the background, a sweatdrop appears over Artemis' head, and he cowers slightly."

LOL Yeah it was obviously Artemis, who else?*can't believe no one realised*

"MINAKO (under breath) : "

Ah welcome to the school system!

"MINAKO : And what's worse is… (sees cakes) oooh. Can I have one of your cakes please Lisa-chan?
LISA : Uh, sure.
MINAKO : Great! (eats cake) What were we talking about again?"

Ok, in that case maybe the comic was accurate.

"CONTROL : Okay, Luna. First things first, don't panic.
LUNA (screams) : I'M NOT PANICING!"

*runs around like Corp Jones off Dads army* Don't panic! Don't panic! Don't paaaaaniiiiiicccc!!!

"LUNA : Artemis? You're central control?"

It could have been worse it could have been Minako.

"LISA : We have to get out and do something!"

Yeah someone could end up with a skinhead!

"VENUS-MINAKO (enraged) : ARTEMIS!

Show Luna, who looks at where Artemis had been sitting. He's already gone, with just a few strands of fur left floating to the ground.

LUNA : Wow. He's getting faster."

Heh heh heh, seems like he had his finger in a lot of pies...

"MOON-LISA : Hey, stop using meta-references! Those fourth walls are expensive!"

Ah dreaded continuity [for the real show that is] strikes...

"PRINCIPAL (OS) : I have a small announcement to make… students are not to leave the school grounds for the time being, a blue skinned woman wearing oysters is turning people into wax statues. Thank you."

Blue...skin....oysters...wax....statues...the hell?

"MILHOUSE : What? Aw nuts… but I hate eva's, fighting, NERVOUS, my dad, bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine…"

Shut up solider and get into that mech!! Honestly who doesn't like big mechs and fighting in big mechs...yeaaaaash.

"LUNA : Oh don't be such a baby, Sailor Mars. There's no trash in there, just a mysterious portal to terra incognita."

And that's better?

"KEARNEYITE (dramatic) : You will be sent flying uncontrollably though time… you could end up Africa during the time of the dinosaurs, or stranded in France in 1940, or trapped on the Isle of Orkney at any point in time, they're all equally dull!"

Oooooo Orkney, how evil.

"JUP-LAURA : We could warn Sega about Bernie Stolar!"

Warn them about the Saturn more like. Cut the RRP man, cut it while you still have time!

"ARTEMIS : We could sit under Bill Gates' chair and make farting noises while he brokers his first deal with IBM!"

LOL Dammend straight.

"Pan over to a nearby console, where FRY, LEELA and PROF FARNSBOURGH stand facing away from the girls."

Er..I thought the Prof was called Farnsworth...
Why is it always mayday to call for help? Why not something like…Shove Tuesday or Ascension Sunday? - Arnold Rimmer

You have joined the sacred order of The Stonecutters, who since ancient times, have split the rocks of ignorance that obscure the light of knowledge of light and truth. Now let's all get drunk and play Ping-Pong! - Number One
IDPStan
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by IDPStan » Tue May 21, 2002 5:13 pm

Comments about the latest part of Simpmoon.(part 2)

"ARTEMIS (voiceover) : Their quest was to protect the earth, and help it evolve. They were also the protectors of the Silver Plot Device."

Heh heh, silver plot device. I like it.

"MERC-ALLISON : My past self? But she doesn't look anything like me!"

Yeah, seeing a pattern here?

"JUP-LAURA : Wow, you were really snobby in your past life, Mars.
MARS-JESSICA : Excuse me? Were?"

Heh heh, well maybe there are some jokes. If that counts.

"MARS-JESSICA : This… this one is you, Jupiter!
JUP-LAURA : I was wondering when I would turn up."

Wow it must be like some 'Generations' thing or something.

"LEITHA : Serenity's really nice, but she's not that smart and she's so idle… but she gets to use the Ginzoushou, and she gets to have Endymion fall in love with her. It's not fair."

Noone ever said that life was fair...

"GHOST-ARTEMIS : The British are coming! The British are coming! Uh… I mean… the Earthlings are coming!"

Heh! We're done invading places now! Surely *that* must count as a joke?

"GHOST-ARTEMIS : I'm not quite sure your highness, but they've brought a flag."

LOL LOL LOL And their backing it up with this gun from their granddads arsenal?

"LUNA : After the death of the queen, Artemis and I set about trying to find the reincarnated Princesses. We desperately needed Princess Serenity and her friends, because they were the only ones who could defeat Beryl."

And so Stan finally understands what the bloody hell is going on in Sailor Moon. Phew, more simple than I thought. Oh and is it me or do all stories nowadays involve reincarnation?

"ARTEMIS (teary-eyed) : You promised you'd never mention ma Marine Joanie again!"

LOL Joan or Ark:*being burned at the stake* I don't suppose it's gonna rain?

"LISA : Come back! HEY! LUNA! COME BACK! (pause, angry) ALRIGHT! OKAY! FINE! I never wanted to do this anyway! It's stupid! It makes no rational sense! I'm just a kid! All our enemies were idiots! It was INCREDIBLY embarrassing wearing that thing anyway! Make some other girl save the world! I always hated it! And (scream) I HATE YOU, LUNA!"

Wow, she finally noticed.

"LISA : But I'm not Sailor Moon! My "sister" Serenity should be! We're the understudies, the backup princesses they never expected to use!"

Heh even the senshi might need reserves in case the real ones go missing or something...maybe...

Well as you can see from the comments I really rather liked it, the dramatic change wasn't too much and I now understand a bit better what in the nine hells is going on in Sailor Moon. Actually I had a similar problem with Simp Trek, from one episode to another some provide more opportunity for humour while some are more dramatic, I'd say just go with it and do what fits in. As for specifics about the fic I though Artemis's lines where funny as was Minako's line about the comic and her being a Ditz. I'm all so pretty sure the Prof in Futurama is called Farnsworth but maybe I misunderstood and it's something in that Episode. I have to say as well the line about the British are coming and they've brought a flag was f*8king funny. The Joan of Ark reference was sweet too. The ending was kinda surprising although ever since Minako turned up I've been wondering if the girls where the real Soldiers. I'm not sure about the ending as well, it's a nice thought but can they really do anything if their not the chosen ones? Well anyway I enjoyed reading it and I'd say it's pretty damned good if in a different way to the first part. Heh maybe I liked this better than the series!

Stan's brain: There's no maybe about it.
Why is it always mayday to call for help? Why not something like…Shove Tuesday or Ascension Sunday? - Arnold Rimmer

You have joined the sacred order of The Stonecutters, who since ancient times, have split the rocks of ignorance that obscure the light of knowledge of light and truth. Now let's all get drunk and play Ping-Pong! - Number One
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue May 21, 2002 9:00 pm

Farnsworth? I knew I had that wrong. That'll teach me to write at 2AM.

Thanks for the comments Stan.

hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Wed May 22, 2002 2:53 am

That'll teach me to write at 2AM.
It had damn well better.
IDPStan
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by IDPStan » Wed May 22, 2002 6:10 pm

That'll teach me to write at 2AM.
:o There's a 2AM now?

hadisia
General Control Officer
General Control Officer

Post by hadisia » Sun May 26, 2002 7:50 pm

A little.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Mon May 27, 2002 5:11 am

Well, I found this part to be most enjoyable!  The numerous Anime/Manga refs were great, (Most likely not as stand-alone fanfics, but inserted as gags in this one is a good idea) plus I enjoyed the twist near the end of it where Luna finds she has the wrong girls!  Brilliant idea!  I was not expecting that to happen!

Plus I loved the Luna/Apu scene...

LUNA : You didn’t see nuthin’.
APU : That is correct, small black talking cat.

Still cracks me up.  ;D

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.