Reality Flux

Get help, post works in progress for feedback and see articles and tutorials written by other writers.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Reality Flux

Post by archonix » Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:50 pm

*somewhat after the fact...*

Cool. ;D
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Jace_Kossmann
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Jace_Kossmann » Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:58 pm

Here is the next segment of Reality Flux. Bill Seven is the son of Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln from the classic Star Trek episode "Assignment: Earth". Gary is a human raised by aliens to protect the Earth from self-destruction. He's totally against nuclear war and I bet he's a very good environmentalist. I'm assuming Bill carries his father's sense of duty to Earth in general.
One day, Wile E. Coyote will catch that annoying Roadrunner but only by the rules of probability and sheer luck. This probably would occur about once every 4.8 million years according to most cartoonologists.
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:22 pm

:)  Part 4 was good, Jace. The twist on Yog-Sothoth was inetresting.  I am curious to see what he really is. I also want to find out what the Neo-Aryans are up to.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Jace_Kossmann
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Jace_Kossmann » Sun Apr 28, 2002 3:56 pm

These are two scenes that I at one point wanted to put in Reality Flux but couldn't fit them into the time frame. It is possible that one day I will work the two scenes into a different story.

The premise here may be hard to figure out. Here, Otto's job is to bring all of the students home. He gets knocked off course into another universe. From here, he goes exploring through different realities but gets seperated from the kids as he's doing this. After becoming a god, he spends half his time looking for the kids who have had their own adventures.
One day, Wile E. Coyote will catch that annoying Roadrunner but only by the rules of probability and sheer luck. This probably would occur about once every 4.8 million years according to most cartoonologists.
aoifestorm

Post by aoifestorm » Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:43 pm

;) It would be fun if you could somehow work these scenes into the story, Jace.  I loved all of the descriptions of the kids on the bus, and Otto as a viking at the end.  It was very trippy.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
Jace_Kossmann
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Jace_Kossmann » Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:58 pm

Here is the exciting conclusion to Reality Flux. Barney's drunken line about classical camp comes from the very surreal "Illuminatus! Trilogy" by Robert Anton Smith. Crater Lake is a real place in Oregon.
aoifestorm

Post by aoifestorm » Wed May 01, 2002 12:49 am

:) I wasn't expecting this to be the final chapter, but I thought this was a good ending for such an interesting story, Jace.  Lisa was great in the final showdown, and I thought the scene with Homer getting her lock of hair back the next day was fun..  There were a lot of bizarre elements of this story that I really enjoyed, like the inter-dimensional travel, the strange secret organizations and all of the influences from various books, fiction or otherwise, that inspired some of the parts of this story.
Last edited by aoifestorm on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.