Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner

Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:44 am

I'll wait till it's officially on TV and elsewhere for most folks before saying much.  Buuut...

My Lincoln-Sense is tingling!

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner

Post by archonix » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:29 am

Yay! presidents in stove-pipe hats!
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:41 pm

Just a reminder for folks, but if you want to see this episode and future episodes a few days before the official TV air date, [adult swim] has an [as] Fix thing on its website for Venture Brothers and a few other shows where they stream the entire episode for free...

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:53 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh, a manchurian candidate spoof! The old one!

And a very predictably excellent ending. Hah. Great.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:57 pm

I'm actually impressed that ol' Rusty finally came up with an invention that A) works, B) is useful, and C) is not powered by body parts. ;D

Also, JJ is a Pimp. With a capital P. ;)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:09 am

Stretch Dude wrote: I'm actually impressed that ol' Rusty finally came up with an invention that A) works, B) is useful, and C) is not powered by body parts. ;D
I thought that too!  He finally invented something excellent for once!  Shame that FBI guy ruined it for him (and that it has that one weakness, heh heh).

I try not to do it with shows, especially ones with the potential to go as horribly wrong as VB, but I'm rootin' for JJ and Sally.  Sally deserves a bit of the niceties.

Never did I think I'd see ol' Abe Lincoln used in such a way.  Great googly moogly, nothing is safe with this show.
Spoiler

--MST3K interview

aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:46 pm

Molloy the Catburglar wrote: Great googly moogly, nothing is safe with this show.
Hahaha, I think that' part of why we all love it so, Sheana.  :D
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:43 pm

I'm still cracking up over "So you inveted the 5 dollar bill?"
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:57 pm

I only saw this one today. I found it unusually vile even for VB. Which is good! Wasn't expecting Manstrong to make a comeback (well yes, I was, but only because I'd read the episode description at Mantis-Eye Experiment). Goodness that man is a loser. (And it's extra funny, because I've just read "Flashman's Lady", and was struck by how similar Manstrong is to that novel's depiction of famous real-life Victorian personality James Brooke, the White Rajah of Borneo. There you go.)

Agnes Skinner has *nothing* on old lady Manstrong.

And, well, predictably excellent set-up and stuff, with a simply hilarious cop-out ending. The Lincoln appearance has got to be one of the most surreal moments even for this show. And like everyone else, I'm surprised at the efficiency of Dr Venture's invention. (Think it was actually invented by his dad?)

Fun stuff. Hopefully this is the last we'll see of Manstrong, though. And one more thing...
Spoiler
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.