Season Three is in the Works!!

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Season Three is in the Works!!

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:27 am

The Kim idea's actually completely neat - imagine Triana getting caught between her best friend and her possible boyfriend.

Isn't Richard Impossible dead?  From what I gathered from the ending of "60STM", it looked like he died, and Sally and Rocket have a new start with Jonas in subsequent eps?
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:38 am

I don't think he died, he was more just knocked out.  I imagine Sally used her chance to get a divorce.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 am

Yeah, what Sheana said. I can't believe something "minor" like that would kill him. Let's face it, the guy is an embodiment of cartoon physics.

EDIT: Though I don't think Sally bothered to go through the formalities of a divorce. I suspect she just eloped with Jonas.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Huh, fair enough - then the Ventures do mention the Impossible family in "LB" as an entire family unit, but Doc and Jackson admit that occasional gaffes slip by them (like Kim "meeting" Hank in "VEN" after she already met him in "Assasinanny").

If that's canon, than that actually makes the idea of Sally and Jonas running off together even more romantic, doesn't it?
Last edited by missy_misery on Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:30 pm

Despite all the craziness of the Impossibles and their powers and J.J.'s own messed-upness, I can probably see Rusty getting even more jealous of his brother down the road because of the healthier and more complete family unit he's got going, and how he'd probably do a much better job of raising Rocket than he did Hank & Dean.

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:14 pm

...*is besiged by future!fic ideas...*

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Just a little observation:
returning in the Fall with new episodes will be The Venture Bros., Squidbillies and the final episodes of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.
WOOT.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:38 pm

The fall?  Sweet!  Still a bit of a wait, but better than the year+ for last season...

--MST3K interview

Terry Y
Senior Executive
Senior Executive
Custom Title: Head Bee Guy

Post by Terry Y » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:12 pm

* Lord Kingsley marks his calender
"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food." - Julia Child
aoifestorm
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by aoifestorm » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:20 pm

O' Jackson and Doc, work your little tushis off please.

I am not psyched that Squidbillies are coming back. ;pp I was hoping that series was over.
Homer eats a little too much Chile to strong pepper and is found with hullicinations amongst other things it speaks with a dog.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:22 am

I'm both surprised and delighted the show's going to be coming back months sooner than Jackson estimated (which makes me wonder how close to deadline they're going to have to cut it with each ep to make it on air on schedule; I know a lot of last-minute editing tends to happen, as evidenced with last season).  According to Jackson's latest blog entry, he's writing script #3 and they're doing prop design for ep #2.

Does anyone have sales estimates on the release of Season 2?  I'm wondering how well it's selling.

Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Well, it's currently #34 in DVD sales on Amazon, so I guess that's pretty good.

--MST3K interview

missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Thu May 03, 2007 5:29 pm

That's pretty good - not quite as good as the season 1 sets, but it could be way, way worse.  That indicates a pretty strong fanbase.

Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Thu May 03, 2007 10:43 pm

I haven't actually bought my DVD yet.  :doh:  I meant to the weekend after it came out, but I got bogged down with midterm studying and it completely slipped my mind.  I am not worthy (but I'll make up for it tomorrow).

I'm estatic that the show's coming back this fall.  A whole year of waiting is just too long.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:00 am

We need more speculation!

Me, I'm wondering when and if we'll ever get to meet Brock's relatives.

(For those who don't remember, when Hunter Gathers is reading Brock's bio in Assassinanny 911, he says that Brock's living relatives are a mom and a brother.  I'm particularly curious as to what that brother is like.)

--MST3K interview