Fanart de Venture

archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Fanart de Venture

Post by archonix » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:54 pm

I figured it was time I gave this a go, since it's such a completely different style and all. I think I did quite well for my first ever attempt at it, despite completely screwing up his arms...

Ever noticed how Dr Venture and The Monarch are basically the same model?
Attachments
dr-venture-pool.jpg
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Re: Fanart de Venture

Post by AssistantCrone » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:09 pm

That is very appropriately disturbing. I can't tell much about on-modelness, but the whole thing is eerily in-character.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm really impressed by this sketch. It's extremely in character and just generally lovely (and disturbing). I like the expressive eyebrow and the glass of cooking-sherry (?). Let's hope this heralds a trend of Venture Brothers fanart for many years to come! (multiple exclamation marks available on request)

I think his ears are smaller on the show, but that might be a style thing. Anyway, very professional-looking for a first fanart.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:15 am

He has a very pointy head too, I didn't mention that. It's scary how pointy that thing is.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:24 am

Dude, so on-model it hurts, Graham!  Good stuff!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"