2006 competition rules and guidelines.

OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

2006 competition rules and guidelines.

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Mon May 01, 2006 6:41 pm

Rules and gudelines

On the drawing part, you'll have the freedom to draw from Futurama or Simpsons characters -- not necessarily based from a story.   There should be 2 characters minimum on the picture, using any media you desire (digital or traditional).   The artist should be able to express an idea or story without the use of words. 

the same rules from the forum about violence,sex and gore apply to this as well.

There will be a thread for every entry; where members will con-crit the art and express their thoughts on what the author is trying to say. 

Morpheus, Marco or I will be waiting for the artist to tell us the idea (what he/she want to express) and at the end, the winner will be chosen by how many people were closest to the author's idea.  That, and artistic talent of course.   It will be harder to choose a winner this time because half of the decision will be based on the subtle story of the picture not just how nice it is.

The donation for this contest should be sent here: graham@imdanet.com using paypal.  If you cannot do it like that, pm Graham for arrangements.  (Graham's nick is "Commisar Geranovich.  He is the Administrator of the forum for those who don't yet know)

(Donations will be for the gifts which we haven't decided yet)  Come on folks 5 dollars each will not hurt us, and it will surely benefit the cause.  We are like 20 regulars but hopefully more will donate.

On top of that I'm willing to make a commission for the winner and print out his winning piece on a 20 x 24 format photo-paper.  (inches, people.)

The writing one: 

The short-story should be between 2000 and 3000 words.  Please don't make them longer, folks. :-) 

Our own Graham Dawson will be reading them.  He will need a lot of help on it, and I'm willing to help him in whatever I can.  But is there anyone who would like to read the fanfics too?  It will be so much help, 'cause as you might know that was a pretty big problem with the first competition. Most people didn't even read all the stories but one.   

The story will be based on some piece of art already made.  The writer will copy and paste that illustration on his/her work.

Also, I'm willing to do a commission for the winner of this contest, but please we need a panel of judges people!  Is not the same to judge a fanfic as what it is to judge a drawing.

*Judges won't be able to participate.  Sorry, but that would really affect a final decision.

Voting for this will be possible too, as a way to help specially the Writing contest.  But it won't totally give us a winner, but a very close outlook.

*both parts will be taking place at the same time, and there will be a two months deadline.   

Get your pencils ready and good luck to everyone!

The contest will begin on May 10th and the deadline is July 10th
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
OARRIAGA2001

Re: 2006 competition rules and guidelines.

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Donations have been cancelled!  According to mails I have received they're holding people back from posting, so you dont need to send anything to anyone anymore.

Just post anything you want for the competition, and good luck.

The gift from me still standing.  Good luck everyone 
Never judge a book by its cover.....