Competiton's closed!

OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Competiton's closed!

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:32 pm

I'd like to say a few things for some people around here. 

Is not easy to prepare, convince and motivate people to just pasticipate in something that in reality has no value other that here in our forum.

Graham, I know you are very busy right now, 'cause school and all,  I know, but you did help a lot.  As the administrator of this whole place, you posted the official "alert" or "go ahaed" for this to happend. Thanks a lot for your support!

Alex, I knew you had more time than Graham, so you did moderate everything and was always on top of things.  Ehh, I would like to ask you one favor, though.  could you please put that last art entry as sticky.  I'm going to let it pass even if he told the story himself.

Marco, thanks for all the support specialy on the artistic areas.  There are somethings I wouldn't even had noticed without your help.

Morpheus, I know you are avery busy person, being an animator is a hassle already and judging.... I think that is too much on top of what you are already doing.  Thanks to you too for all of those in deph observaions on the pics. I know we still have some other to go through.   Hoping in seeing you online soon, just tell me the time and I will try my best to be there.

Segey, I dont know what to say, really.  I had  only 3 entries, you asked for a little more time and , Kaboom!  4 more.  Some very nice artists you have at your forum!  ;)  Thaks for taking the time.

Lagunasky, well, we've been chatting quite some more than usual, and i'm glad we kind of have some ideas on this competition. I know we share the same idea for the winner.  ;) Please get with Graham and Kenneth to arrange something to get the final veridict.

Kenneth, I really didnt have too much of a conversation with you, but thatnks for volunteering.   I hope to have you actually writing something next year.

Thanks to all the competitors for your time, and to the people who shared something with their responses or con-crits on the writing or artistic side.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Re: Competiton's closed!

Post by Meteorite » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:39 pm

O. Perez wrote: Alex, I knew you had more time than Graham, so you did moderate everything and was always on top of things.  Ehh, I would like to ask you one favor, though.  could you please put that last art entry as sticky.  I'm going to let it pass even if he told the story himself.
Already done. :)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:11 am

Yay Segey! ;D Actually, there were 3 more pictures IIRC.
Janell

Post by Janell » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:38 am

Omar & Segey, you're both wrong. There were 2 pictures and 4 more after prolongation =)
OARRIAGA2001

We have a winner in Art!

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:04 pm

Finally, a decision has been made, and it was harder than we expected it.  All entries were very good -different styles and media.  We just love diverseness.

I’m going to mention the first two places for the competition to avoid hard feelings.  These are averages of the votes Marco and I had for every aspect of the competition.

1st place

llyich  30% votes
            32% artistry
            30% story telling

Total:    92%

2nd place

CCD!    27% votes
              27% artistry
              26% story telling

Total:    80%

Congratulations also to Fellranger, Jannel, Intro and DJ_Fry whose entries all were very good too.  Hopefully we will see you here next year!

Graham agreed that there was going to be an special icon on top of your avatar, so expect something eerie to appear.  Nah, just kidding Graham!

About the gift I promised. Please contact me via ICQ or send me a pm whenever you can.

Thanks again,

Omar Perez.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:54 pm

Congratulations Ilych!  Your's was definitely the best piece in terms of technique, though I really liked CCD's picture for it's atmopshere.
Thanks for organising this, Omar and thanks to the judges!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Sorry to those who saw the results first hand without me  posting it first.   I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have a chance to check at all.   Well, we've got our winner for the writing competition, and once more holder of the Black-striped feather, Chris Dawson.   Congratulations, Chris! 

Congratulations also to Alex and Tony who created a beautiful masterpiece too, it is so sad we had to pick a winner.   For me, they are all winners.  ;)

The results from the tie-breaker voting:

Promised Time   3 (37.5%)
El Barto Is Dead   5 (62.5%)

*I have a comission for you Chris.  Pm me for it.   :)  I wish I had money! ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:51 pm

*takes a bow*

Many thanks to Omar, the judges and other officials, the participants, and the voters. You made it a very fun occasion.

Congratulations also to Alex and Tony. I hope you realise it's not empty rhetoric when I say that both of your stories were so good, it would have been no dishonour to lose against them.

And Omar, a commission is quite enough of a prize for me. I already have one in mind, and will send it to you soon.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
zekeprower
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by zekeprower » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 pm

CONGRADULATIONS CHRIS!!! *Throse confettie into the air. All the writer's did a great job on their entries and it was a very hard decision to chose who got the highest marks. Everyone here totally deserved it, but only one could get top honor. Great job to all.
He stood tall on top of the mountain of his ancestors and looked down to see his home. He let loose a loud howl. He is now a man, but not just a man. He is now a true Wolf and others are sure to follow him.
Meteorite
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Custom Title: spacehorse

Post by Meteorite » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:49 pm

Congratulations on winning, Chris!

I had a lot of fun writing for this competition, even more so going up against a couple of great writers.  Though I lost, coming so close to winning as to momentarily tie with Chris, has spurred me on to work even harder to win the next competition. :)

Congratulations Chris and Tony, for writing great entries and I look forward to another chance to compete with you both again. :)

<gkscotty|drawing> most people play Pokemon games with GameFAQs or a Pokéwiki open
<gkscotty|drawing> you seem to have TVTRopes :P

Sometimes I feel like dressing up my Gaia avatar.
Feels kinda pointless since I don't actually do stuff at Gaia, so I'm putting it here.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:28 am

And there should be another competition next year, so ladies and gents get ready.

Writers get yourself a lot of books to read and practice the form, and artists get yourself lots of pencils.  You will likely use lots of those.  ;) ;D
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Post by missy_misery » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 pm

Congrats, everyone!  Especially everyone in the fic competiton - you all did a wonderful job, and it must have been very hard to pick a winner from the pack.
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:08 pm

Conragtulations Ilych and Chris on winning, and Everyone eles for their fantastic entries! I would have entered if it wasn't for my GCSEs at the time, it turned out to be a great competition! :)
Well Done Everyone ;D
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
fellranger

Post by fellranger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Congratulations Chris - a deserving winner!  All three entries were a great read!
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas