Review: Trilogy of Terror

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Review: Trilogy of Terror

Post by Gulliver63 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm

A couple of months ago I set out to write a "Treehouse of Horror" story based on some of the many psionics movies that we've seen. Suddenly, after another idea bit me in the brain, I wrote a second idea based on Maggie speaking. As these things are always made in three parts, I thought I'd go ahead and just do a three-part THOH story. The third part is based on the doodles I've been sending Kaspired about the "Thing" movie. Robert Stewart at work gave me some needed input as I was wrapping the project up, and I wrote in a dedication to Marcia Wallace at the top of the first page - I kind of feel bad that I was so rough with Edna in my story. Again, it's probably not terribly original as it's based on parodies, but hopefully you can have a few chuckles around this Halloween season. Enjoy.
Attachments
THOH 2013 cover.jpg
THOH Trio of Terror.doc
(103 KiB) Downloaded 1271 times
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Review: Trilogy of Terror

Post by c_nordlander » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Sorry for the lateness of the review. I've been looking forward to reading this for a while, but work has been really stressful.

Typoes and technical stuff: "twin sisters [...], that worked" should be "who"; "spring" shouldn't be capitalised; "teacher's lounge" should be "teachers' lounge"; "still had her hands up where they were" doesn't really make sense; "Wiggums" should be "Wiggum"; "anymore" should be "any more"; "She should at least to say" seems to be missing a word; "sawed-off" should be "sawn-off"; "BMV" in the third story should be "DMV" (unless I'm missing something); "
Spoiler
Last edited by c_nordlander on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Gulliver63

Re: Review: Trilogy of Terror

Post by Gulliver63 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 am

I was really wondering if you'd seen the 2011 version of the "Thing" - about a third of it is in Norwegian. If you like horror, and I have a feeling you do, the Thing movies are really fun. I really, really liked the daylights out of writing that scene with Edna - I enjoy writing that kind of horror. Robert Stewart at work provided the visual image of her mind being like a file room. I quickly found out that writing about such powers was fun, but putting limitations on the powers was really fun.

Giganto-woman, mentioned in the beginning of the third story, is part of a panthenon of superheroes that I created for other projects; I recently did a picture of her for my nephew in Arizona http://gulliver63.deviantart.com/art/Gi ... -406358494 . I then loved using Hans Moleman as a convenient chew toy of a victim (how else would you use him?). I also enjoyed the Lenny gag, and Moe was fun to write. I had to hustle a bit to get it all done, but I was glad I did. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie