REVIEWS: Nobody and Terri

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

REVIEWS: Nobody and Terri

Post by c_nordlander » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:05 pm

A birthday request from May AKA Nidotamer. Vaguely based on "A Test Before Trying". When the Springfield Elementary disbands and the kids are sent to different schools, Terri has to get used to going to school in North Haverbrook and without her sister.
Attachments
terrific.doc
(24.5 KiB) Downloaded 982 times
terrific.odt
(36.9 KiB) Downloaded 945 times
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: REVIEWS: Nobody and Terri

Post by gkscotty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Cute, and simultaneously uplifting and sad. A lot of finding happiness is letting go of what you cannot have, at least for now.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: REVIEWS: Nobody and Terri

Post by missy_misery » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:53 am

There never seems to be a ton of Terri and Sherri fic out there. This is gorgeous and melancholy and spare and yet completely evocative of teenage alienation. Good job, Chris!
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"