Review: Once Around

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Review: Once Around

Post by missy_misery » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm

All gussied up and ready to be looked over!

SUMMARY: Post-Fry and Leela have their second chance - the question is what they should do with it.
Attachments
FryLeelaSFF2.rtf
(37.92 KiB) Downloaded 772 times
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Re: Review: Once Around

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Typo check: "Leela’s single eyelid began to flutter before raising and fixing on Fry’s smile" needs fixing (it should be her eye fixing on Fry's smile, not her eyelid). Also, you spell "aeon" in two different ways ("aeon" and "eon"). Relatedly, "eons old monuments" should be "eons-old" (or "aeons-old", if that's what you prefer). "si’l’vous plait" should be "s'il vous plaît".

I enjoyed this a lot. The plot is very low-key, but the writing is excellent, both the dialogue and the descriptions: both Fry's and Leela's voices feel exactly like on the show. In fact, I'd say the writing is flawless. Fry and Leela are perfectly in character, and the chemistry between them is very sweet. Also, as I said before, I like that Leela wants to adopt children. Nice bit of continuity with "The Cyber House Rules".

I don't have anything negative to say about it. Like I said, it's a bit low on plot, but that isn't really a problem. It's well-paced, and like I said, very well written.

My score: A-
Last edited by c_nordlander on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
missy_misery
Sector Control Officer
Sector Control Officer

Re: Review: Once Around

Post by missy_misery » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:03 am

N'aww, I thought my beta caught everything; typos will get fixed soon!

Thank you, Chris :)
Now known as Lisabella! (Or Missy.  Missy's good.)

Creator of the Waving Universe

Crack!Fic, The Marge Simpson Way: "Just then, Sir Lancelot rode up on a white horse and saved Joan of Arc.  They got married and lived in a spaceship.  The end." - Tales from the Public Domain, "Hot Child In The City"