Do You Want To See Your Fanfic In WOS Form?

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Do You Want To See Your Fanfic In WOS Form?

Post by CD2005 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi Everybody! I make the WOS Simpsons Comics (as well as the "Splinter Sell" comics) over at HGS - http://www.roundspringfield.com. I made one of the member's Fanfics into a WOS Simpsons Comic. The Title was "When Frinky Failed". It can be viewed here:
http://www.roundspringfield.com/wos.php?comic=wff1.jpg (Just copy and paste the url into your Address bar and change the number for each comic. (ex. change wwf1 to wwf2, then wwf2 to wwf3 and so on. There are 21 panels total.)

If you would like to see your fanfic in WOS form, just let me know by posting here! The comic will be dedicated to you, your name will appear in the first panel.
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: Do You Want To See Your Fanfic In WOS Form?

Post by CD2005 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:48 pm

Oh my! 130 pages! Yikes! I'll do comics of the shorter Fanfics, and keep in mind, I have all of the Simpsons figures and sets. So the story would have to be a "regular" Simpsons story. :) (Note: I do also have "Family Guy" figures (I've done a Simpsons/Family Guy Crossover @ HGS, and it can also be found here http://www.simpworks.com/forums/index.php?topic=5717.0), Futurama figures (Simpsons/Futurama Crossover comics @ HGS), and Ren & Stimpy figures.
Last edited by CD2005 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:42 am

I'd like it, but you'd never manage to make any of my stuff without it consisting of 90% custom figures. :-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CD2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:54 am

Yeah......no custom figures.

Requirements To Have Your Fanfic In WOS Form
------------------------------------------------

1. Your Permission To Use Your Fanfic
2. Your Fanfic Can Only Include The WOS Simpsons Figures, No Customs.
3. No Profanity
4. Must Not Be A Long Story.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:53 am

Most of the fanfics here aren't comedy; they are very serious and I hardly imagine them executed by toys. And Steve is right - most fanfics here are also too "non-canonic", they involve many new characters (do you know who's Jack Fitzgerald?) or pass in different time period, for example in the future, when Simpsons kids are grown up. :)
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CD2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:06 am

Well go ahead and close this topic then. ;)
Marco

Post by Marco » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:49 am

Nah, we have plenty of normal simpsons scripts, some qute funny too. It's just that they aren't as famous :) Just as of late, Hellfish had a great THOH script submitted, what about that?
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CD2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:15 pm

Heh heh...that is a good THOH story! But as Dagdamor said, he can "hardly imagine them executed by toys"...they are not "toys", they are "collectibles". Methinks someone is jealous of someones comics. Heh heh...but seriously, it would be a little difficult to do that story, there is no "Diner Set" that can be used for the ""The Restaurant at the End of the Universe", although I can substitute sets and scenery. I would love to take a crack at this story! It is quite good and funny!
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:21 pm

CD2005
But as Dagdamor said, he can "hardly imagine them executed by toys"...they are not "toys", they are "collectibles". Methinks someone is jealous of someones comics.
Blame it on Dagdamor!
Seriously talking, I'm Russian, and English isn't my native language. Sometimes I'm saying pretty weird things because of that. Please remember that, to offend someone without reason is the last thing I wanna do here...
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CD2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:09 pm

Not a problem, Dagdamor! I was just being funny!...well...trying to be! ;D
Hellfish
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Hellfish » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:54 pm

Whoa, free advertisements... ;D

Seriously though, if you wanna try it with "Are you afraid of the treehouse" or any of it's segments, go right ahead. :)

As for others, I don't know of many that wouldn't require custom figures/sets.. :/ The old "Hang on Chupy, Chupy hang on!" is a good one but getting ahold of the author might be a hassle.Also, some of Dead Composer's stories might be suitable, too.Try poking around the Fanfic reviews for stories otherwise.
And what's the deal with traffic theory?
CD2005
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by CD2005 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:34 pm

I just finished reading the THOH story/stories "Are You Afraid Of the Treehouse". Wow! They were very entertaining stories! I may look into doing one as a WOS Comic! But first I've got server issues with my Message Board (WOSMB). As soon as I take care of them, I will contact you via PM and let you know what story I'll be working on, and when you can expect to see it as a WOS Comic over @ HGS!
Dead Composer
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Dead Composer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:25 am

I'd be honored to see one of my fics as a comic.  I think "Frinky Friday" and "Killer Robots Are Made, Not Born" would be suitable.  They don't introduce any custom characters (except for the robot in the latter story).  If necessary, I can revise the stories to make them easier to adapt.

Major characters in Frinky Friday: Simpsons family, Burns, Smithers, Lionel Hutz, Frink, Nelson, Ralph, Ms. Hoover, Mrs. Krabappel, Pr. Skinner, Janey, Allison, Lovejoys (Mr., Mrs., Jessica), Chief Wiggum, Frink's robot wife, Dr. Marvin Monroe.

Major characters in Killer Robots: Mayor Quimby, Fat Tony, Apu, Snake, killer robot, Frink, Kent Brockman, Sea Captain, Sideshow Bob, Chief Wiggum, Eddie & Lou, Lenny & Carl, Ralph, Janey, Ms. Hoover, Pr. Skinner, Nelson.

"Night of the Living Maude" (my writing contest entry) would be very easy to adapt.  The only characters are the Simpsons, the Flanders (Ned, Rod, Todd, and Maude), Frank Grimes, Snowball I, and Bleeding Gums Murphy.
Last edited by Dead Composer on Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bothead
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Bothead » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:31 pm

The only normal fics I made were Fat Race and Lights, Camera, Cut! So if you read the fics and liked them, then maybe you could try using them. The problem with Fat Race is that it involves a lot of cars (I'm not sure if vehicles like the scholl Bus, the Family Sedan, the cop car, etcetera are available). I think the scripts are short enough, so if you want to try it out, I'l give you permission.
Before continuing, it may be in your best interest, dear reader, to stop and ponder this. Picture it in your mind's eye. An evil one-eyed midget named Cheatum swam across the Gulf of Mexico wearing a shark fin on his back and then planted a bomb on a boat. Think about that. Let that sink in. Now. Wouldn't you want to buy a wrestling show after seeing this?

Dance Epidemic tonight!

Liverpool European Champions 2005. Go on the Kop!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:45 am

I don't usually have a lot of original characters and/or weird effects in my Simpsons fanfiction, so you're welcome to use any you like. "Rommel in the Bronx" might be a good choice, or perhaps "A Dedicated Follower of Fission". (Though some of them are extremely long.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.