Review - Burn Flanders, Burn

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Re: Review - Burn Flanders, Burn

Post by c_nordlander » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:18 pm

OK, I am no moderator, but for future reference, please post fanfics as an attachment instead of linking to other sites.

Well, how to put this. The idea behind this (Flanders worrying about going to hell, and his sons) is quite good, and not something that has really been addressed on the show, even though it fits his character. However, I think it is spoilt by your making Flanders a bit out of character. Yes, he is very religious, but he is also mild-mannered to the point of repression, and quite tolerant. I guess he could get a bit shriller when he feels threatened, but you don't really show that development.

On the whole, while the plot holds together well, there isn't much meat on it. Only a few jokes entertained me, Homer is a bit of a jerkass (not too horrible, though), and generally, it feels rather post-Season 10, with pointlessly whacky jokes (such as Lisa in the fridge). The ending resolves things rather well, though I'd rather see Flanders feeling a bit more at peace.

My rating: D
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.