Reviews-Unofficial Treehouse of Horror 1

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
T.E.D
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Reviews-Unofficial Treehouse of Horror 1

Post by T.E.D » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:27 am

Well, here's the finished draft. I hope you like it. If this one works out I think I will write anouther, I already have some ideas. Thanx to all the people who gave opinions of my earlier drafts and told me what i needed to improve. You really helped me out. Enjoy.
Last edited by T.E.D on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kill my boss!? Do I dare live out the American Dream?." -Homer Simpson, Thoh 4
--------------------------------------------------
LISA-"Bart, ZOMBIES!!!!"
BART-"Lisa, please, they prefer to be called "The living impaired" -The simpsons, THOH 3
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Re: Reviews-unofficial treehouse of horror 1

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:15 am

Here's my two cents:

"Hallowe'en HEL": I like the title, for some reason. It made for a pretty strong chase scene with some good humour, and I liked Grampa running over the squirrel. Marge wasn't that out of character (can't say I would have acted differently under the circumstances). The funniest line, in my opinion, was Homer's "didn't we kill him enough times?"

"Fatter": Well, this one was problematic to me, seeing how I once had thoughts about writing a "Thinner" parody. It was... well, a bit weak on plot, though the fact that Homer never got cursed was a nice twist. I laughed at least twice, once when Homer veered around the murderer from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and once when he came to ask the gypsy woman forgiveness and hit her *again*. And the fat jokes were largely good.

"The Growling": Something I can't quite put my fingers on, but it felt a bit rambling. On the other hand, it had some genuine chills. The camp was creepy, and I think the family ordering Marge around once she wakes from unconscious to be cruel, but pretty accurate. And I laughed at Homer's "at least he'll die quick in a blazing inferno". (Maybe I'm a bit cruel as well.) The ending and song were top notch.

All in all: not the best Treehouse of Horror scripts I've read, but pretty close. You're showing potential and obviously know how to crack a joke. Oh, and thanks for putting Kang and Kodos in the end, I was starting to get worried.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
T.E.D
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by T.E.D » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:48 pm

thanx for taking the time to write a review! I really appreciate it!
LISA-"Bart, ZOMBIES!!!!"
BART-"Lisa, please, they prefer to be called "The living impaired" -The simpsons, THOH 3
Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:11 am

I thought this script was largely enjoyable. Many jokes, some  cartoonish gore that never hurts, very good charachterization.
The first segment was my favourite, though like i said i enjoyed most of this.

I'd give it a B+. Sorry i can't do a proper review. :)
T.E.D
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: Reviews-Unofficial Treehouse of Horror 1

Post by T.E.D » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:20 pm

Thanx a lot for reviewing my script :)
LISA-"Bart, ZOMBIES!!!!"