REVIEWS- Homer the Director

Futurama and The Simpsons fan fiction have been the staple of the Simpsons and Futurama Fanworks Central since its inception.
Forum rules
Things to remember when posting:
  • If you want a review please place REVIEW: at the start of the topic line
  • There may be some time between you posting and people replying, as our members do their utmost to read through a fic before telling you want they think
  • Reviews must be made with good grace and politeness. "It sucks" isn't a review.
  • Finally, please try to stay on topic. :)
SamandMax
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

REVIEWS- Homer the Director

Post by SamandMax » Sat Dec 08, 2001 8:59 pm

Ok, here's my second script I made. It's not show length and there's little story, but I think it's pretty funny. In the script, Homer starts making a documentary about himself while Bart tries to get money so he can buy an A-Team plate signed by a Mr.T lookalike.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Re: REVIEWS- Homer the Director

Post by archonix » Sun Dec 09, 2001 9:39 am

For some reason I got a dialogue asking for my "network identification" or similar.  I'll have to check on that... but pressing cancel gets past it anyway, so.

Yeah... interestinge idea, a lot of good lines.  You're right that it has little story at the moment, but it does have potential if you're willing to work on it.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:36 am

True, the story felt vague, but I loved some jokes, such as the rap routine, and the completely pointless documentary about the Baron. With some brushing-up, this could make a regular episode.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Dec 11, 2001 7:38 pm

I agree with Graham and Chris. I found this fic really funny and full of good jokes, maybe making the plot a bit more interesting could do this an "A" episode :)
Last edited by Marco on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.