The Simp Machine

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Horrorhead
Sub-sector Control Officer

The Simp Machine

Post by Horrorhead » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:07 pm

Yes, This is a parody on the album cover by Kraftwerk  ;D

I'm pretty satisfied with the results and overall it came out better than I expected.

And yes, They're supposed to be stand like that  :)
Attachments
simpmachine.jpg
SirMustapha
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: The Simp Machine

Post by SirMustapha » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:56 pm

Damn, you, Horror! I'm writing a story that parodies the same title! Now where's my uniqueness gone?

(btw, it's not OFF fanfiction, so lower your expectations...)

Well, the idea rules. Some of the characters look a little "off" to me, though, but I really appreciate the idea. I like it very much, overall. Sorry for not being more constructive...
"I know that the bourgeoisie stinks, but it has money to buy perfume."
-- Falcão
Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:02 pm

Okay, I don't know if I've said this to you before, but here it is now:

1) Work on anatomy. I would recommend visiting a bookstore and buying a couple of books to use as references. Try sketching, and keep on sketching until you're frustrated and angry, then continue sketching.

2) Work on 3D form. Draw spheres and cones and cubes, and meld them together to make different things.

3) Work on shading. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend using ANY color until you've gotten a good knowledge of shading.
DO NOT use a blending stump for shading until you've gotten a good idea for cross-hatching.

I've heard that guy's an idiot.
Horrorhead

Post by Horrorhead » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:25 am

@Don Cobra: What a coincidence! Glad that you liked the idea.

@Jon: You've said the similar thing before and I don't mind your suggestions. It's my own style and damn, it's fan-art. What about your own stuff, eh?
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:42 am

Horrorhead
As much as I hate Jon, unfortunately, he can be right sometimes. ;) Don't take his suggestions as offence, he's trying to help you with your style, even if you think it's perfect.

About your picture: my requirements are not so high as Jon's, so I think your pic is good! Homer look a bit dull here (or maybe just childish), but other Simpson family members' expressions are nice. Good work here.
Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:58 am

Haha, okay, man. It's fanart and "style," so you don't have to try to improve. I could be meaner here, but I suppose enough people hate me already.

And if anyone on this board has any suggestions on my art, please, for the love of jeff, tell me them. I hardly get any, and I know for damn sure it's not because my artwork is perfect. So anyway, about my own stuff, I'm working on all the things I suggested you to work on.

Shyster

Post by Shyster » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:52 pm

I'm with everyone else at this forum. If I were you, I'd stop drawing altogether as soon as possible.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:34 pm

Shyster wrote: I'm with everyone else at this forum. If I were you, I'd stop drawing altogether as soon as possible.
Except that isn't what everyone else is saying... We want to help people inprove, not make them stop. So shut it.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:08 pm

I heartily agree with the man who told Shyster to shut it.

So, my critique: first of all, Michael, you have improved immensely. That's why the criticism is getting harsher as well.

So... nice colouring and composition, all over. The faces are quite on-model, and I like the expressions. You need to work on, as Jon said, proportions, particularly body proportions. Homer's stomach, for example. Think about the hair as well. Bart's is pretty good, but Marge's curls need to be rounder, and the girls' spikes need some work.

Probably your best picture so far.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
Cheiflongfuck

Post by Cheiflongfuck » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:57 am

Shyster wrote: I'm with everyone else at this forum. If I were you, I'd stop drawing altogether as soon as possible.
I agree. Your work is total crap and my eye almost fell out from the pain of looking at this picture. Maybe you'll get better with some hard work....ALOT of hard work!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:16 am

Cheiflongfuck wrote:I agree. Your work is total crap and my eye almost fell out from the pain of looking at this picture. Maybe you'll get better with some hard work....ALOT of hard work!
Good god, where'd all the f*cking trolls (all with hilarious names! How do you people think these things up?[/sarcasm]) come from all of a sudden?
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:15 pm

I don't understand the names.

Vulgaris_Prime
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Vulgaris_Prime » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:17 pm

Someone's been handing out stupid pills to these trolls, and they've been ODing.
Back from the dead!
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:25 am

Cheiflongfuck wrote:
I agree. Your work is total crap and my eye almost fell out from the pain of looking at this picture. Maybe you'll get better with some hard work....ALOT of hard work!
My God! The Idiots have figured out how to use computors ahhhhhhhhhh!

And now thats over with, nice pic Horrorhead, the characters do look a little off but apart from that its quite good 9/10
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:23 pm

since I've now somehow logged on again without fixing the cookie problem I''ve had recently I can now speak out to those idiots who criticised horrorheads decent art work,
GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

keep it up horrorhead your sketchs rock XD I love the colouring/leaning style so those two idiots can get lost and find something good to do with their lives.
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you