They made me do it.

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

They made me do it.

Post by archonix » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:32 pm

It's been a while since I attempted any art. Not sure why to be honest...

Here. A scribble to get me back in the swing of things.

Original

Special Edition with Clean-o-Vision.

Her trousers suck and her coat is a funny shape... :)

By way of explanation, prompted by nobody in particular...

This is Maggie. I know, she's all grown up. Woohoo. The pic is based on From Springfield With Love, a fanfic I wrote some years ago as a sequel to Lisa Squared, and featuring Maggie as a secret agent along with some other people, saving her sister and family from all kinds of trouble at the hands of... well, read the stories to find out.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Re: They made me do it.

Post by KANG » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:16 pm

It looks a bit unclear, but good anyway. I like how you drew the body. Maggies mouth looks a bit wirred I guess.

Hope we will Seymore of yor pics, soon!  :)
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:37 pm

Great work, Graham. I really like the coloring effect... though it lokos a little indistinct on the gun in her left hand.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Orange Box
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Orange Box » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:57 pm

cuteswan wrote: Erase the pencil lines and this could be hanging in a museum.
Erase the pencil lines?! I don't think so. They make this pic this pic. Great-looking stuff, Herr Comissar! Me likey very much. Tablet coloring?

Orange Box
You can run with us | We've got everything you need | Run with us | We are free.
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: future Neuralink chassis

Post by c_nordlander » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:11 pm

Don't be such a darn fool, Simpson! Now go out there and find me an Admin!

Well, I'm as stunned as everyone else. The pencil lines do need erasing, (EDIT: Yay!) and her right arm looks just a bit odd around the elbow (though that could be because I'm not used to seeing Simpsons characters with more realistically drawn joints). That said, great picture and beautiful colouring. I like her facial expression. Plus, big guns!

You should draw more.  :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Ahh, I missed this...

I figured out the coat. It's actually being pulled out of shape by her post, so it works anyway. Woo. Go me, the genius.

I hadn't noticed her elbow but it could use a bit of work...

The gun in her left hand (our right) was meant to be a mac10 or Uzi-alike, but it got a bit bent... :)
cuteswan wrote: Erase the pencil lines and this could be hanging in a museum.
Like Lucas, I have now committed the crime known as Special Edition. See above. ;)
Orange Box wrote: Erase the pencil lines?! I don't think so. They make this pic this pic. Great-looking stuff, Herr Comissar! Me likey very much. Tablet coloring?

Orange Box
Yup! A tip from Marco helped me get the damn thing configured properly so now drawing and colouring is as easy as cake. I mean pie. I love my wacom to bits. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:53 pm

Marco asked me to write this:

"I like Maggie with guns as and more than anyone else, and i'm very happ to see Graham's style grace these pages again.
The coloration reminds me of the first pic i did with a wacom too, i like that sort of hasty look to it (although, allow me to be evil, i dont think it ranks up as museum worthy... not yet ;) ). Her right arm and gun are very sweet looking but the other gun seems liek it has a perspective error, or maybe its the kind of coloring that confuses me. HEr old style hair rocks, but her mouth is really weird... it almost looks like you were going for a human chin and then cutted it off  to give her a "perplexed" llok. Anyway again, i might be mixing personal preferences with actualy styles. thats what i hate in reviewing art.

At least i can say, welcome back man!"
Last edited by Marco on Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:36 pm

Cool pic, and the drawing style is unusual. For the start after long non-drawing, this is very good. As for the subject... I always thought that the person with two guns is actually defenseless. :) But if it's Lisa... heh heh, maybe she knows how to reload the pistol using only one hand. Great picture.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:26 pm

The only aspect of this picture that really nags me are her eyes, she looks like an alien. Oh, and there was one more thing...hmmm, what was it?...Oh yes, where are her feet? ;D
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:53 pm

Dagdamor wrote: But if it'sLisa... heh heh, maybe she knows how to reload the pistol using only one hand.
bah - it's clearly maggie. Who of course is even more qualified to do clever stuff with guns.

I shall keep my comments brief because I can't think of anything which hasn't been mentioned...

Cool  :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:12 pm

Dagdamor wrote: heh heh, maybe she knows how to reload the pistol using only one hand. Great picture.
well that's easy^^. With teeth!
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:37 pm

THIS IS JUST AWSOME!!. sorry about yelling, but a person who can draw directly with a wacom deserves recognition, the digital water colors are on spot.
Glad to have you back in art, and I know I have the same hope as others so please come back to the fanart world cause we need you. ;)
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Tigersrock144
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:51 pm

Nice art, may I ask what's differnt about Wacoms to any other tablet? No one eles I know seems to even know what Wacoms are, I know they are a make of tablet but i hear everyone has em even though they are apparently quite expensive, I have one made by "genius" don't seem to effect how I draw except for more controll perhaps.... 0_0
(is confused)
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you
Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:03 pm

Wacom its the more mainstream and less expensive kind of graphic tablet. there are many others for more professional uses.
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:16 pm

hmm, ok, my dad said he heard they were expensive, guess he's wrong then,. I do have a  tablet  but I  think it was pretty cheap
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you