Tommy's pics

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Tommy's pics

Post by tommy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:04 am

Hi people, newbie artist here... well, I've been drawing Simpsons pics for over two years now, posting my stuff here and there...
In all honesty, I've made quite a lot adult pics in the past, but recently I decided to start producing more mainstream work, so I thought about joining here. Looks like a great community, phenomenal artists - one feels very humble in their presence...
Anyway, here's a new Lisa pic I just finished. Very simple, no more than a line and color study, really.

Tommy (TS)
Attachments
tslisahead.jpg
Last edited by tommy on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matias

Re: New artist - Tommy

Post by Matias » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:10 am

Welcome! Wow, theres a lot of newcomer's to the forum now (Including me), which is great!

Cool picture too, hope you dont mind me saying, the only problem I can find is the ear might be too big. But other than that, its spot on  :)

I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Orange Box
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Orange Box » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:29 am

Holy fudge, look who showed up :P

Is it just me, or does Lisa have glowing red dots in her pupils?

Orange Box
You can run with us | We've got everything you need | Run with us | We are free.
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:37 am

Hey OB, nice to see you here. Loved your latest pics!
And yes, she can be a little devil, can't she?  ;)

Thanks to matias too for the welcome!
Last edited by tommy on Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:23 am

Hey, another great artist joins the family! Though I haven't seen the rest of your work, I'll just naturally assume they are greater or equal to what you submitted, which would make you...*punches numbers on a calculator*...very very good! ;D

Matias and OB pretty much covered the flaws in your pic, so there would be little for me to add without repeatedly saying what a great colouring job you did.

Well then, (a lil' late) welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy the sometimes heated environment and make some friends, they'll be helpful in answering any questions you might have and also double as great attorneys and on-call tech operators. Uh, but don't ask me anything, I'm not very smart. :P
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:40 am

Hey man, welcome to the GFWC! Glad to see another guy here who dares to put Lisa picture as his avatar. :)
Heh heh, just kidding, your picture is very nice. Lisa usually looks a bit chubby on your pictures, but here she's quite on-model. If you need more constructive criticism, I can add a few notices, but they would be lame and inessential. Good work.
Is it just me, or does Lisa have glowing red dots in her pupils?
This can be photo effect *imagines Tommy taking a photo of Lisa* ;)
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:37 pm

Ohh, I recognise you. Anyway, welcome aboard, and I hope you enjoy it here.

I'd agree the ear is a little big, and maybe the join between her upper lip and eye should curve inwards rather than outwards, but otherwise looks fine to me. And I'm with serge on the 'photo effect' explanation ;D
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Re: Tommy's pics

Post by tommy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I just finished a new simple droodle of Lisa, in a blue mood. I call it "Heartbroken Lisa, or, His Last Letter"...  :-\
Attachments
tssadlisa.jpg
Last edited by tommy on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:23 pm

Wow, it's nice and touching. I wonder who could sent such a letter to poor Lisa...
Lisa's proportions (and outlines) are a bit deformed here, but the mood makes up for that. Nice picture.
Ekko
Technical Supervisor
Technical Supervisor

Post by Ekko » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:22 pm

Dagdamor wrote: I wonder who could sent such a letter to poor Lisa...
Yeah, it's not even addressed to anyone, and it's got no return address either. But I guess it is easier to draw that rather then writing 'Welcome to Dump Ville' on a napkin.

It's a good pic though, Dagdamor covered it nicely enough. The tears are well done though.
Can you withstand the power of my super taunt?
tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:31 pm

Dagdamor wrote: Wow, it's nice and touching. I wonder who could sent such a letter to poor Lisa...
Lisa's proportions (and outlines) are a bit deformed here, but the mood makes up for that. Nice picture.
Thanks, but "deformed"?  ??? I know, I screwed up the vectorizing job in this one so the outlines aren't super-smooth, but what's so deformed about it?
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:48 pm

I said "a bit". ;) That means it's almost invisible.
But you're right, I cannot tell what exactly is wrong on this pic... maybe it's just me.
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:29 am

Welcome to the team Tommy.  Your art is great, keep up the good work. ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
djwhitaker2004
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by djwhitaker2004 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:28 am

I love it. 5 out of 5 :).
If Simpsons release only in August & December, here the list in the future:
Season 10 will be out on Aug 07, season 11 on Dec 07, season 12 on Aug 08, season 13 on Dec 08, season 14 on Aug 09, season 15 on Dec 09, season 16 on Aug 10, season 17 on Dec 10, & season 18 on Aug 11.
Andreas

Post by Andreas » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:24 pm

Hi Tommy, welcome to the club! It's great to see another talented artist, very nice work so far. The "Lisa with red-eyes-from-the-camera-flash" is very cute, and I feel sorry for the "Heartbroke Lisa". As Dagdamor pointed out, there are some minor drawing issues (i. e. her neck looks a bit large, and the "original" Lisa only has five visible pearls at her necklace), but I like the coloring in particular.
Andreas