Simpsons:Genertions, Part 2 thread.

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Simpsons:Genertions, Part 2 thread.

Post by J2 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:18 am

Well, part 2's a few weeks (months?) away, but here's a few teaser sketches that I posted on other boards a few months ago:

(That's me in the handcuffs!)

Anyway...
Dagdamor

Re: Simpsons:Genertions, Part 2 thread.

Post by Dagdamor » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:33 am

Yay, new Generations sketches!
Lisa and Bart look great. I never knew before that you're using construction lines in your drawings, that's a very good sign for me. Maggie looks somewhat independent and adorable, both in her normal and grownup versions. :) Oh, Marge and Homer are just on-model! Let's hope you have a decent plot for your comic, as well as that it won't last for another 2 years. :P I honestly wish you good luck in finishing that tremendous project, Jake.
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:06 pm

Well, dont take this the wrong way... I've never been keen on the Maggie and Eric idea. But its still a good read.

I'm glad you havent forgot this comic. I read it a ages ago, and I was amazed by the consistency, so congrats! And good luck for finishing it!
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:02 pm

Here's hoping that when it's finished, the discussion is less heated than the last time you were here, Jake. ;)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Horrorhead
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by Horrorhead » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:45 pm

I think Wiggum needs to look a bit bigger.

Nice set of sketches!
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:43 am

I can't remember right off hand, but I think I did make him fatter in the darkened version.  Anyway, here's the last two sketches I've placed online:

tommy
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by tommy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Awesome! You've got to swear that you aren't a Bongo artist in disguise!
These are the most on-model drawings I've seen in ages and the backgrounds look great as well.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:05 am

Thanks, and here's redo of Gina Vendetti for 2006:

Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:59 am

Put her on the skateboard, Casper will be happy ;D
Nice picture, though I have the strange feeling that I've already seen it before... (no, not at NHC).
I must say that I like many of your "not-too-much-exposing" pictures, they are good.
EvilCupcake
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by EvilCupcake » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:45 pm

Casper wrote: Well, dont take this the wrong way... I've never been keen on the Maggie and Eric idea.
Eh?! Why?! >:(
Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:48 pm

My fanboy senses are tingling.

Jake, impressive comics as always! Looking forward for the finished work.
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:29 pm

Eh?! Why?!
I can understand why you question my decision, but you wont understand my answer. And I'm not being funny or anything, but its just my opinion... sorry if it conflicts with your own.

And yes, I would be VERY happy Dagdamor!

Great picture Jake. I mean it, very good.
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:09 am

And now comes the crit. Simple one first. Take a look at your last Maggie picture and tell me that her head isn't in backwards. Seriously.

AS for the the latest, overall it's pretty good, but if you're doing to draw pictures of women with breasts the size of cantaloupe, you really, really need to learn how to draw breasts, and indeed women, properly. Like so (yes, I know her left breast is a little wonky, I drew it in 2 minutes, gimme a break ;) ):

As you can see I've put an approximate copy of the clothes you drew over the top. The breast definitely doesn't stick out at the side, which is what you've done. Breasts are on the front of the chest. As always I recommend a few life classes. Even drawing from photographs should help improve your understanding of these things. Drawing cartoons is a lot easier if you have an understanding of real human anatomy.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 am

LizardQueen wrote: Eh?! Why?! >:(
Well, if you ask me, I say that I generally like the idea itself, I just didn't like the idea to turn Maggie into some kind of teenage bodybuilder. Nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea. I always thought that Maggie will be like Lisa in the future (and I've seen so many proofs of it in the actual episodes!), and Jake's version somehow destroys it.
Tigersrock144

Post by Tigersrock144 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:09 pm

these are decent! I like the maggie and eric idea, I myself have pictured Maggie being a skater like Bart, sort of the way Casper draws her :) Everyone has their different ideas about how Maggie will turn out which is cool.  Makes a great discussion, if no one gets into an argument that is ^__^
*smiles sweetly and runs away*
If you wish to add me on your msn contact list, Please notify me first by sending me a note or something
Thank you