2006 Intro's Art Entry

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
intro111
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

2006 Intro's Art Entry

Post by intro111 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:12 pm

hi :)

i saw at first, that only less people draw something for the competition ... and so i thougt ... "maybe I can draw something" ... so I try it, I hope it's good enougt ^^ ...

Okay, the Title of my Entry is "The 4th July" ... and have a little, realy little, story

-------------------------------

... It was a day like a other ... Homer goes to "work", Marge cleans the house, Lisa studied for Highschool, Maggie surfed on the "World Wide Web" and Bart ... he does nothing (no school, no job). But that day - it was the 4th July, a special day for all americans - Nelson and his gang organized
a party ... free beer and more ... perfect for Bart ;). He was little bit excited, because he know ... on Nelsons party's are also lot hot chicks there (hehe ^^). So Bart waits till evening and later the whole family eats together to Dinner. Then it was alredy 8 o'clock ... "time to go!". He runs to his room, put on his fresh and new clotes and want to go. But than he saw light an Maggie's room. For no certain reason he take a look to her. He saw, that she looks sadly ... realy sadly. Well ... nobody wanns to play with her (except the crazy guys in the computer ... pff). She never had a real friend ... although she is intelligently, creatively and imaginatively ... but she is socially isolates ... she can't talk normaly to other people in her age, so they let her alone. Bart began to think ... Mom and Dad are by Dr. Hibbert (Homer eats a sandwitch with spoiled meat ... again). Lisa stayed the night by Jenny (aaand we simply forgott Ape and Santa's little Helper ;D). So there are only Maggie and him left. And he realize, that he never go out with Maggie since a long time, never played something with her for a while. He becames a bad conscience (or a spider on the backside of his head ? ;D) ... so ... he wents in her room. "Hey Maggie" he called, she looks confused to him ... and then she answers: "Hey". He asked her, what she intend this night ... she only twitches with her back and looks up. Bart began to smile and asked her: "Do you come with me, to look the firework? ... only you and me" ... than ... Maggie smiled back and nodded. So Maggie switched the PC off and went with Bart to the Lake. As they arrived to this place, Bart lift Maggie to his sholders, walked around the lake and they talk ... about everything. But than (some minutes later), the first firework flyes to the darkly sky ... and exploded in all colors. So they stopped and enjoyed the show. "Ohh ... so beautifull, isn't it?" asked Maggie ... and Bart only smiled.

No free Beer, no hot chicks ... that would be only for one night,
but to spend a night with his little sister, and to see in her face a smile for so long time ... thats for the eternity.

-------------------------------

... I hope I wrote not so much grammer mistakes ^^ (but please ... no correction needed *g*)

about the Pic ... yeah ... many mistakes ... i know ;p ... her legs, Barts eyes to big, the arms and and and ... but hey, I started it today, and finished today ... if i had more time, i would have to colored it ... but i think ... black and white is good enough ;).

Full size --> http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2567/4 ... ionbu6.jpg

YEAH ... FINISHED !!!
Attachments
4thjulyintrosartcompetitionnj3.jpg
Last edited by intro111 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
addictive
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: 2006 Intro's Art Entry

Post by addictive » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:22 am

Nice to see you around, Intro. Bart's goatee kinda creeps me out, though. Oh, well. I like the theme in this one. Mainly because it has fireworks, :lol:.
Find Me, A poem by Chris Dominowski.

If I am lost, and you do not care, will the search ever be fair?
Why am I here? What should I do?
The answer to this, I once knew.
Why should I be found if I always must hide?
I have tried so hard, my soul has died.
Over the years, In fear I have drowned. It is finally clear; I cannot be found.

Human, a poem by Chris dominowski

I wear sunglasses at night, but I carry a flashlight.
I turn from the flame, but stare at the ashes.
I walk into the woods, and never touch the trail.
I always look at my calander, but do not care what day it is.
I am the mixture of light and darkness; I am human.

OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:39 am

Thanks Intro for participating on this contest.   ;)

I can see you came out with a very unique style here, and a very nice picture.   Their pupils are a tad big though, but I love their expressions.   
The clouds, well, they look a little weird.   Anyway, the whole idea is very original, and you played witht the downshot by placing the view above Barts chest making it hard to distinguished if the bg and the characters are on the same perspective.

Please IM me a.s.p and tell me the idea behind this pic in a simple way.   What are you trying to say?
Never judge a book by its cover.....
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:01 am

I like to see different interpretations of the original Simpsons style and this pic is a nice example.  Even though the characters are off model they are instantly recognisable and I really like their expressions.  You've captured Maggie's sense of wonder, while Bart has a more subtle look of quiet satisfaction.  It could be because his sister is happy, or on the other hand it could be because he has a long standing appreciation of the fine art of controlled (or not) explosions...
I like the way you've made use of shading to give the characters some depth and I'm impressed that you've got the reflections of the firewoks in the water - nice touch!
Crit-wise, I'd go with what Omar said on the pupils and the clouds, also Maggie's right leg looks a bit off.
Regarding the story, I decided not to read what you posted so I could give my own feelings on it.  At the simplest level, it's Bart spending time with his sister watching the 4th of July fireworks, which is a sweet scene.  I think it leads into the idea that Bart would probably be a lot closer to Maggie than to Lisa due to the bigger age gap and hence less sibling rivalry.  I also like the idea of Bart and Maggie both enjoying the display, sort of hinting that deep down Bart is still just a big kid (a bit like his Dad...)
This picture is a nice example of how a simple scene can still show great emotion.  I'd love to see a coloured version. 
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Lady_Simpson
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Lady_Simpson » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:42 pm

Aww that's so cute!
Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.