Re: the life continues

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Awawaw!
Marge looks unusual, cute and very cheerful.
And Lisa is... just adorable. :)
* Dagdamor is out of words now
I want to say one thing though... probably you don't have to write "Bye" on your pictures, especially when they are dedicated to someone. "Bye" means the same as "Goodbye", "Farewell" - it means leaving (parting, departure), which may be not what you're trying to say... I'm not sure, just find it a little strange that Lisa says "bye" to Laguna on that pic, I'd personally prefer "Hello" instead. :D
Meghan
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Meghan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:07 am

Beautiful
"Its The Rapture, quick get Bart out of the house before God comes!" -Homer
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by KANG » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:58 am

Hello CCD!

I was watching your pics a long time... First to say, I love your kind of drawing styl. One of my favorite. It is because of the faces, they look kind of cute and different at the same time (especially the short mouth and the smaller overbite).

The only thing you can work on are your Computer-Colorings. Try to make smoother lines and less flat shadings on body, clothings and enviroment. The good thing is your use of colored lines - thats IMO very difficult and you do it well.

The first Lisa-picture in this thread seems very good to me, also with the interisting lyric. You like to add inspirating poems to yoz pictures, too? Me, too.
It makes the message in the pictur more clearly (often of cause).
Okay, you may have done better folding-shadings on the dress, and that pink doesn´t tast that much (*munch munch*  ;) ) but it´s okay anyway.

The second picture seems a bit complicated to rank. I guess it is okay. 5 points of 10 possible points. But, hey, I don´t like to rank. It´s a good try. The sky looks a bit simple and Lisa from the back is strange to look at. Keep on drawing anyway.

Ah, and you will, how I can see. Lisa in happy Donut-Land? *smile* Whoa, I love how Marge looks to her sweet Homie. Very good expression - just the hair is a bit toooo high. Try to color it, will you?

Almost forgot that Wing-picture: Looks nice to me, especially that exaggerated Wings. Pew, saw too much Wings-Lisas on this message board and I cant say anything more thant: Nice.

Oh, the picture with those letters I love, it is selfe-expressionistic art. Shows your dedication to Lisa, your little obsession, mh? Love that very much, cause I remember the times I drew pictures with Lisa over and over agian. And additional it´s not easy to draw paper with stuff. I like that note "Please privacy..."

The next one is a very good one. Reminds me of the old MarcoBerzacolacism back in ´03. Those where the times. All well, first the critic: The saxofon needs more details. I know this, I am playing it and there are some buttons and holes lost. Don´t know how to explain that in English, sorry.
Adult Lisa is very sweet. The body is very Anime-like. Maybe the eye looks a bit odd, but it doesn´t matter I guess (just repair that sax, pleeease!). I love that bows. Keep on drawing and stay tuned.

I found my favorite in this thread: Little Marge. How cute you have done her. And again that kind of drawing styl of the mouth and overbite - love it. The only thing you could do better is the coloring. Also the Lisa picture needs that. I like what you do with her hair.
Now try a huge picture that will take you hours of hours to work on. You can do that and I love crowded, filled and stuffed pictures.

So much from my side. Hope you like my statement.

Excuse my writing skills, I hardly wrote English the last month.  :)

Bye!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 pm

CargoOfDarkness wrote: So much from my side. Hope you like my statement.
Thanks!
  :D 
it had the hope to receive reply his .....         and it excuses for being to “another Lisa fan ”….           it knows…. I cannot be cleared of my “hard disk” (or brain) the image of Lisa :)…         

thanks again… :D :D     and I will practice plus my drawing….           right now I am finishing another one… ;)

bye CargoOfDarkness!!!!
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:01 pm

well…. :D    two new drawings…  perhaps, I delayed much… :-\    last I have not had time to draw….    but of all ways… they are here…. :)  perhaps they have faults…. :-\ but it is the limit that gives my idiot hand  ;D.....          nevertheless  to draw is an art by own right? it is not necessary to be expert…         single a pencil, a paper is needed…. :) (and an obsession) :lisa:….

bye!!!

Gustavo....
Attachments
black_magic.jpg
light_of_my_spirit.jpg
Andreas
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by Andreas » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:47 pm

Wow, you never cease to amaze me, Gustavo! :lisa: I can't really decide which one I love more, the colorful, light and happy one or the black and white, melancholic one. Those different techniques you applied are interesting as well; in "light of my spirit" you used some kind of "water color" for the sky, and "crayons" for the sea and the beach, whereas "black magic" looks like it's drawn with charcoal. It transports the mood very well and adds a lot to the atmosphere.
Andreas

Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 am

She's beautiful! I cannot assemble my thoughts, can just look at the pics. :-*
On the first one, Lisa looks adorable, and the background is very impressive. The flowers look like they are from the real photo, not drawn by hand! Amazing :) But I liked the second picture even more, despite it's only a sketch (yet ;)). It's so alive, and dreamy, and interesting, and saddening, and making you smile. Thanks... those are very good drawings, keep it up!
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:30 am

wow!!! good work... they should put your art in a museum in a couple of years
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...
KANG

Post by KANG » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:56 am

Those both pictures are great, but I especially like the first one. It is colored very good, and not to mention the enviroment. You did those flowers great, and the water, too.
Lisas dress seems a bit strange, more like some layers of cotton. I guess you have to work a bit on your clothes folding.

So far, very well done.  :lisa:
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:01 pm

The fisrt picture is magnificent. The sence of motion among the... things is great!

It reminds me of the classic picture of Marilyn Monroe but... this time it acualy looks good :)
I love the ribbon, how its close to the veiw point, twists around her arm, and into the wind. Its impossible to know why things are set in this picture... why the sky is pink, why is she on the beach. why her dress is so, impressive. Its just a classic peice of beautiful art. Her eyes are very nice. Its somthing I've always liked in a picture, a nice shine from her eyes.

The second picture is also great. However, it seems strange because I'm so used to there being ribbons and pointy triangles with wings and mysteriously placed objects that just look like somthing you could find in an oisters mouth. It looks a lot simpler than the other pictures, but the style is still there. I like the way you draw her hair right down her neck, and her sleeves hang out baggy and creased from her movement. Its a strange dress design too, almost looks fasionable for Lisa. ;)

Anyways, keep it up Gustavo! :)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:38 pm

this it is the turn out to draw until midnight ..... in a fatigue state and with very few ideas  :(..... really one is based on real facts… was a drawing that was on the verge of erasing ;D… but something made me stop to me…. :D    (perhaps the language of Lisa :lisa:)…    (or the aptitude of Bart :bart:)… perhaps MAggie...

misteries.. misteries...

Bye!!!

Gustavo  :)
Attachments
eraser.jpg
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:09 am

ummmm... why does bart want to kill you??? and as usual good job!!!
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:14 am

Aw... sorry to know your pic didn't go well.
But this is not a reason to cry... *looks at Lisa* you can draw more!
And if this is that picture you almost erased, I must agree with Lisa. :D
Great drawing, CCD :)
Last edited by Dagdamor on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:34 pm

Wooo!  Its been a long time since I've been here.  Gustavo, nice work!  Everytime you draw a new piece is another whole story.  Just be carefull on the hands, man.  The over bite is a little to upward, but that could be your style so I cannot argue much with that. Keep up the good work!
Never judge a book by its cover.....
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 pm

Well :) is strange  :D….    These are drawings of my smaller sister (Karina) ;)    It is only 6 years old :D .....    (the drawings are mine…. :-\  My sister applied the color) ;D….    I hope that she is to them of affability….   

PS: Kirby?..... and.... a Walt Disney picture....
CCD!: AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
bear.gif
Kirby.gif