Re: the life continues

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:33 pm

ohhhh Thanks!! :)
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:18 pm

it was scared to draw something like this….    Lisa Fitzgerald is best history than I has read…. :)    fear because in this world this situation is real….   :(  and I have been something sad ......    nevertheless it draws it yesterday…. I was all the day in that…. when I finished the drawing gave an immense pain me…. :( I remembered history… and all the suffering that was in her….    sometimes I also am sad….   and you?    it is impossible to deny it….  sometimes we lose the hopes….    as the light of a candle is extinguished .....

Bye!
Gustavo.....

PS: Sorry.... my english is horrible! :P
Attachments
Lisa Fitzgerald.jpg
Last edited by CCD! on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazmanafc
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: Re: the life continues

Post by Gazmanafc » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:23 am

Very powerful pic there.

You can definatly feel Lisa's emotion in that one, and the shading works. Though seeing Lisa with a black eye is so wrong (Bart/Homer okay, but Lisa... no way) :P
* AwwLilMaggie wants to give Jack a punch in the face.
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 am

Awww...
Like Gary said, very powerful picture. And very well done.

But please somebody tell me, why every artist who decides to draw an illustration for the Lisa Fitzgerald story, chooses the same moment: Lisa being abused by Jack. The story has so many brilliant moments, imho... and much less cruel, too, but the only exception from the rule is Marco so far, Pat and probably Omar. Everyone else keep drawing crying, beaten, wounded Lisa. :'( I'm not against such pics, I do understand they are only drawings, but still, they are so sad.

CCD, sorry, I don't want to offend you... again, the picture is indeed well drawn.
KANG
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by KANG » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Another question: Why DOES every artist decide to draw an illustration for the Lisa Fitzgerald story...  ::)

I´ve seen enough of that novel. Well, the writing skills are good, but I really didn´t like to read this story... it was strange... but maybe it isn´t the right place here.

The picture itself is good, I like your styl (how I said so many times). I just want you to draw longer on your picture. They are good, but you can do better if you give yourselfe more time. It is an advice. Please, do it. For us.  ;) :lisa:
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Well, after a plethora of happy pics by you, CCD!, this was sure to be a reaction.  ;)  I have to agree with Serge and Darkness about everyartist doing pics from the story, but we cant help it,really. It is one of a kind.  Kudos, Jenny!  I remember doing around 3 happy pics for the story, but I also did  about seven sad ones.  :-[ Oops!

Anyway, This captures the emotion and transmits the feeling very well.  I only have to nitpick the overbite.  I'm happy that you finally read the story.  :)   Now, Gustavo, you have to read "The Yellow Mile" another story by Jenny Hoe which will give you an idea for another pic, then after that one, read the "Lisa squared" series by Graham Dawson for some more pics.  8) Please, read them!  You will love them.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Casper
Senior Technical Supervisor
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:40 pm

Cargo Of Darkness
Another question: Why DOES every artist decide to draw an illustration for the Lisa Fitzgerald story...

I havent Image

Dagdamor
why every artist who decides to draw an illustration for the Lisa Fitzgerald story, chooses the same moment: Lisa being abused by Jack.
I believe, its because its the most regognised part of the story. Plus its ze most emotional part, and artists like emotion. I only know because I intent to draw a Lisa Fitzgerald picture one day. Just to close the circle...

ANYWAY. Eine picture!
The modeling is great. A good choice of veiw for this scene. I like the shading in the background, gives the picture a distict dark feel.
Black eye... eee... I'd rather see Jack with a black eye myself. Although, I'd rather see Jack with a lot more than just a black eye... but I digress. Again.
The shading on Lisa herself looks very good. As does the tattered dress shes wearing.

Keep it up CCD :) You've obviously put a lot of effort into this one :D
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:08 am

CargoOfDarkness wrote: They are good, but you can do better if you give yourselfe more time. It is an advice. Please, do it. For us.  ;) :lisa:
sorry…. :)    but so far it is my limit…. :P    I remember I am not good sketcher….    and drawing when it feels desire to draw….  in these days I have been something sad….  that is the reason of the drawing….  in addition drawing very behind schedule… (at dawn)    I feel calm… and without preoccupations ..... it is the moment precise to take my pencil….    to be sincere…. when it draws “Smooth Fitzgerald” I cried ......    the drawing really is much for me…  and I practice every day….  but  is everything what I can do so far… :).

Bye!
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:15 am

OP wrote:    Now, Gustavo, you have to read "The Yellow Mile" another story by Jenny Hoe which will give you an idea for another pic, then after that one, read the "Lisa squared" series by Graham Dawson for some more pics.  8) Please, read them!  You will love them.
Comprendeme Omar!!!!
mi inglés es un enredo de traductores, improvisaciones y diccionarios.... :P me costo muchisimo leer Lisa Fitzgerald..... y ahora me recomiendas leer más Lisa Squared es un bonito libro... y muy extraño (una hermana más) pero aun no lo leo... tal vez en vacaciones.... recuerda amigo... yo solo hablo español... me gustaria un aversion de LF en español... es una gran historia.... y muy emotiva.... pero por ahora no tendré tiempo para leer (espero me disculpes nuevamente) ;D
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:49 am

Talvez yo tendre tiempo de traducirla.  Ademas, me sirve de practicar mi ingles y aprender algunas palabras que se en ingles y no se en español.  Que verguenza.  :-[

Pero, eso no sera pronto, aunque claro que si me gustaria hacerlo.

Gustavo's question:   Would you Omar Translate Lisa Fitzgerald? 'Cause I had lots of trouble reading it and understanding it. I had to translate as I read it.

*English:   Hopefully, I will have the time to translate it.  Since, it helps me to learn some words I know in English and which I dont have a clue in Spanish.   How awkward!  :-[

It won't be soon, Gustavo, but of course I would love to do it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
KANG

Post by KANG » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:23 pm

Hey! Sprecht, beziehungsweise schreibt gefälligst die Forum-Sprache, sonst gibt es hier ein Satz heiße Ohren - so, dass habe ich so umgangsprachlich formuliert, das knackt kein Tranzlator.  ;)
CCD!

Post by CCD! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:48 pm

CargoOfDarkness wrote: Hey! Sprecht, beziehungsweise schreibt gefälligst die Forum-Sprache, sonst gibt es hier ein Satz heiße Ohren - so, dass habe ich so umgangsprachlich formuliert, das knackt kein Tranzlator.  ;)
D'OH!  :doh:
Dagdamor

Post by Dagdamor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:25 am

Wow. Omar, if you're really going to translate LF into Spanish, I wish you good luck and patience from my very heart. And when you finish doing that, remind me about that please... we'll have to meet each other somehow and get drunk :D

Sorry for going offtopic...

CCD, thank you SO much for the Lisa tutorial you've sent! I appreciate it!
simpsonsnut78
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by simpsonsnut78 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 am

CargoOfDarkness wrote: Hey! Sprecht, beziehungsweise schreibt gefälligst die Forum-Sprache, sonst gibt es hier ein Satz heiße Ohren - so, dass habe ich so umgangsprachlich formuliert, das knackt kein Tranzlator.  ;)

duuuuude!!! German... it hurts my brain!!! what does it mean???
ruffles: hey guess what, i can draw marge!!!
chum: oh yeah? well i can draw homer
ruffles: i can drw fry!!! now what?
chum: shut up...
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:36 am

"Hey! Speak, or write kindly the forum language, but here there is a sentence of hot ears - thus that I have formulated so contact-linguistically, this cracks no Tranzlator."

Hot ears? Stupid translator... *throws in garbage*...
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch