Cloud Simpson

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Morpheus306

Cloud Simpson

Post by Morpheus306 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:39 am

Well I thought he'd be the hardest but he wasn't too bad. This time I actually used reference because I couldn't get his hair and costume looking right without it. Enjoy!
Attachments
Cloud.jpg
fanworker5
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Re: Cloud Simpson

Post by fanworker5 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:56 am

There's something strange about this... something about this picture isn't quite right, but I can't tell what. It's on-model, accurate, and awesome-looking. I can't tell what, but there's something off...
"My only wish is to be remembered." -Anonomous
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:04 pm

Perhaps your eyes need checking. It looks great at this end. :)
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:28 pm

Yep, looks fine to me.  Perhaps it's just the simpsonization that's throwing you?
Nice to see you back Morpheus.
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
fanworker5
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by fanworker5 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:21 am

Ah-ha! Now I know what wasannoying me! The face looks a bit thin, IMO. But that's just my opinion. Other than that, this looks awesome.
"My only wish is to be remembered." -Anonomous
Casper
Location: England. Oldham, just to the North West of Manchester.

Post by Casper » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:19 pm

Mmm... deadly....

Nice pose with a very large stabbing weapon. All good!
The colouring particularly strikes me. I guess no program in the world is idiot proof, and I simply cant make things look like that. I'm almost sure its somthing to do with layers because its the one thing I avoid using... too complicated.

Anyway, back on topic... you've drawn it very well, the lines are clean, the colouring is smooth and textured.
Cant complain :)

If I push myself, then I could probably add that this would look better with a background... but I'm not going to delve into the aspects of somthing like that. Its just an all around good picture :)
Simpsons : Realities
Dedicated to SR
"In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion" - Agalloch