Generations 3 stuff

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Generations 3 stuff

Post by J2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Here's some sketches:

============

=============

Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Generations 3 stuff

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Aha! So that new guy is on steroids! ;)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:31 pm

Heh, and Maggie isn't? :)  Art looks good as a whole, but remember to make sharpen lines, Jake.  Also, work a little bit more on those muscles to make them more believeable.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:09 am

Omar Perez wrote: Heh, and Maggie isn't? :)
Well, that kinda goes without saying by this point. ;D
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Tyrannus
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by Tyrannus » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:03 pm

The new guy also looks kinda crazy (Love the expression BTW).

I'm concerned about Eric though. The lack of charater fault and to a much greater extent Sherri & Terri's behavior towards him (or the recent scene with Eric and Jessica after he had been completely obnoxious to her just minutes earlier) aswell as Barts apparent jealousy are usually tell-tale signs of Marty-Stuishness.It's rather worrying. The problem isn't so bad yet but Eric is in the danger zone IMO.
Crazed Sherri & Terri fan.

You can't have your characters announce how they feel, that makes me feel angry-Beelzebot.
J2
Trainee Technician
Trainee Technician

Post by J2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Tyrannus wrote: The new guy also looks kinda crazy (Love the expression BTW).
He is, and in the finsihed pic, he'll be drooling a lot more.
I'm concerned about Eric though. The lack of charater fault and to a much greater extent Sherri & Terri's behavior towards him (or the recent scene with Eric and Jessica after he had been completely obnoxious to her just minutes earlier) aswell as Barts apparent jealousy are usually tell-tale signs of Marty-Stuishness.It's rather worrying. The problem isn't so bad yet but Eric is in the danger zone IMO.
Without getting to spolier-filled, Eric's character in Part 3 is a bit...warped, but more in the sad (than insane) way.
Morpheus306

Post by Morpheus306 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:38 am

ok so let's start with page 1 here... Make the establishing shot/box bigger.  Show the entire tavern.  Use the drawing you have now, just expand the borders.  Inside, keep an eye out for perspective as well as how the bg and characters looks to each other.  The bar looks way too high on Homer, the pool table looks too small compared to everyone else, the booth in the back rest's on an entirely different ground plane than everyone else.  What does Moe give Maggie?  It looks like a balloon with a tupe', make sure you really nail the shapes so the viewer doesn't have to question.  Why does Maggie have to take her pacifier out to make a happy face?  She can reach for the, whatever that is, with the pacifier in her mouth which leaves her other arm to do something else.  It might be cuter if she was reaching with both arms.  There's no need for Homer in the 3rd panel, he's just takin up space, make it more about Moe and Maggie in that frame.  Oh, and just a model note, if one pupil touches the edge of the eye so must the other.
Page 2.  I still don't quite understand older Maggie's hair design.  It just looks like you hap-hazardly drew some lines without actually figureing out why the hair does that.  The shape is so ambiguous and awkward that it takes away from the character.  In the second panel, what is that line coming from Maggie's ear down to her mouth?  Lisa's arm in that panel is also a bit awkward.  In the 3rd panel, where is homer's right shoulder and upper arm?  It looks like his forearm is coming out of his chest.  Draw through your forms to figure these things out, don't just draw what you think looks right.  Again, the glass Moe is washing looks huge, it's the same size as his head.  And Maggie shouldn't be reaching for something with her fingers folded.I won't repeat what I said about page 1 here, but the same goes.
Page 3.  Looking through the entire comic it's clear you don't know how to draw legs and feet, much less drawing a character to look like they're standing on solid ground.  You made an attempt here, but Lisa is stepping on Maggie's foot in the last panel.  I've also noticed you stay pretty much at one angle, explore different camera shots to highten the moments.  For example, the 2nd panel could have benefited from an "up shot" or looking up at the characters.  It would have given more of a threatening pressence rather than just having a random chain enter the scene.  It also seems to me the hook at the end is much more scarier than the chain itself, maybe focus on that in the 2nd panel then reveal in the 3rd.  You also do this thing where something in one panel will spill into the next.  We can't clearly see what's happening in the last panel because you thought it would be cool to have the chain in the frame.  You were so focused on that chain that you had to squish Lisa and Maggie into a tight space.  Let the characters breathe and have lot's of space to work with.  Here is a tutorial I did about perspective and camera angles...http://www.simpworks.com/forums/index.p ... 897.0.html