Crone Scribblings

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer

Crone Scribblings

Post by AssistantCrone » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Starting my own art thread, because for once I have things to put in it.  ;D

First on the list is a picture* I drew for LTS' previous art competition: the theme was 'Imagine a Simpsons character commissions a picture'. I drew Elderly Future Lisa, for a couple of reasons. She has occasional daydreams about how her life will turn out and what she'll accomplish or fail horribly at, and I wanted to show something of what she's left with after her career. The other reason was that future-Lisa is, in just about every case I can think of, drawn as a nubile twentysomething.
*Yep, I can see it has some problems. ;)

The next three are from LTS' most recent competition; we got into two teams and drew Simpsons or Futurama characters as deities. I drew (surprise!) Zoidberg as a seagod trying to make some new friends, and coloured Graham's brilliant sketch of Morris and Munda as earth gods when his computer mangled his WIP. The last one is Lrrr as the god of love, which I continued from CargoofDarkness/Frank's idea (that's his sketch in the picture frame). Any excuse to draw disturbing Wuvvy Bears.
Attachments
lrrve.jpg
mmfinalj.jpg
hello.jpg
stubby.jpg
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Re: Crone Scribblings

Post by Enhas » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

You're amazing, but I think you already know that. ;D
* Enhas likes the one with Zoiby the best of all, because it's colorful and.. well, Zoidberg.  He never gets enough (or any) respect. :E
CROWD: What do you want?
FRY: Fry's dog!
CROWD: When do you want it?
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 pm

The things that you does is stuff what is awesome!
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Needless to say I'm still extremely impressed with all of them  8). But seeing them side by side, it's Zoidberg FTW I feel  :E
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:17 am

I meant to come here to gush earlier but I kept getting distracted. :p

"Elderly Future Lisa"- I love the atmosphere that the warm colors create.  All of the little callbacks to her present day self are nice (I'm especially fond of her single pearl necklace).  She looks very satisfied with her accomplishments.

Seagod Zoidberg- The details on the water are lovely.  Clearly Zoidy makes as incompetent a deity as he does a doctor (I'm still trying to decide if I should find the speared dolphin horrifying or hilarious, though I find myself leaning towards the latter).  The reaction of each crew member is great, but Bender's made me laugh out loud.

Graham's Sketch- I loved this even before it was colored, but now that you've added your touch I think it's beautiful.  Leela looks a little uneasy with the whole situation, which I don't remember seeing in the original sketch, but I don't really blame her.  It looks like she's just realizing she's not alone.

Lovegod Lrrr-The Wuvvy Bears are, indeed, disturbing.  Adorable, but disturbing.

In short:
Enhas wrote: You're amazing, but I think you already know that.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks all! I'm glad Zoidy seems to be popular. (So is he).

New pic I drew the other day, inspired by the terrifying legs Steve linked to in his art thread. It's sort of lighthearted fanart for his SimpMoon fic; a blend of a show where legs are spindly enough to knit with and a show where by all rights the giant heads should be dragged along the ground.
Attachments
steponevil.jpg
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Excellent!  ;D (and a nice lesson in perspective!)  I love the detail of Maggie poking at Lisa's ankle.  :maggie:
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Maggie steals the show a little for me as well  ;D . Also interesting to see more non-groening style art from you  :)
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: Got a job to do and a husband to "make love to"

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:58 pm

And then... evil will eat her legs!

It may be a scribble, but it made me laugh, which I kind of needed at this time of day. Her face and of course the perspective are brilliant.

I'll summon up enough positive vocabulary to comment on your other drawings sometime soon...
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:19 pm

I did this yesterday while trying to fumble my way around OpenCanvas. If in doubt, go for cutesy. :maggie:
Attachments
octest3.jpg
Enhas
Safety Technician
Safety Technician

Post by Enhas » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:08 pm

Saw it in chat yesterday.. really sweet! ;)
CROWD: What do you want?
CROWD: When do you want it?
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Dancing and twirling...
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:58 am

Old art, because my new art isn't... anyway, this next one was drawn for Steve about a year ago, and is concrete proof that I can be bribed with tablet fudge. It's his Allisonesque elf druid examining her spiffy tiara in some sort of geometrically-buggered-up character creation screen thing. Yeah, thing.
Attachments
ae_final.jpg
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:15 am

I still love it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Don't ask for pic ideas in our chatroom. Just... don't.
Attachments
fanservice.jpg