Crone Scribblings

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Crone Scribblings

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Hee. Funny stuff. ;D

(I want some Tux In A Tub. Sounds tasty in a disgusting sort of way.)
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:51 pm

OK, that's brilliant. As good a continuation of the "Objects in the mirror" joke from the show as I ever could ask for. The attractivised versions of the characters are kind of appropriately terrifying (I like more!attractive!Fry's terrifyingly huge eyes). Poor Fry. Her expression in the "I can't leave without this mirror" panel is great.

The final panel is what really makes the comic, though. Brilliant, if weird enough to make my brain spin around a few times. I particularly like how more!attractive!Lelan is carrying a bunch of clothes in the bottom panel. (I think it would have been even funnier if the Tux-in-a-Tub had transformed into a real tux, but that's just me.)

Technically, it's excellent, of course. I'm not skilled enough to go into particulars, but I'm surprised by how on-model Fry is (even with XX chromosomes and all). And the poses in the last panel are great. I like the layout, too.

It's simply hilarious.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
fellranger
Senior Technical Supervisor
Senior Technical Supervisor

Post by fellranger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:54 pm

With a side order of canned cummerbund? (probably not so appetising...)
I think that mirror has a slightly sadistic side to it...  ;D
There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....
And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave....
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Hunter S. Thompson Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
El-Man
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Custom Title: Arty Aotearoan

Post by El-Man » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Wilde Gray Yonder wrote: It's simply hilarious.
I wholeheartedly concur. Hilarious.  ;D

But a minor niggle - would Leelan be calling Phillipa by her last name? Wouldn't he be calling her 'Phi'?
kaspired
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by kaspired » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh my brain is melting...

I like this set up.  Stunning.  I had never thought of a male Leela (actually wouldn't a male version be "Leelo"?)
if you panic you freeze, if you freeze you crash.
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Lol. Oh I love the last panel - took me a second or so to figure it out, but when I did it was well worth it. Also Lelan's appearance had me chuckling :D
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:06 pm

kaspired wrote:I had never thought of a male Leela (actually wouldn't a male version be "Leelo"?)
If it weren't a homophone for a Hawaiian girl with an alien dog, yes. ;D Lelan sounds more male, plus it's a bit more creative.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks, folks. :) (And more thanks to various people who encouraged me in chat).

But a minor niggle - would Leelan be calling Phillipa by her last name? Wouldn't he be calling her 'Phi'?
Nah. She's Philippa J. Fry, not Philippa J. Phi.

I'm pretty nervous that condensed eveningwear might already exist. :leela
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
El-Man
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee
Custom Title: Arty Aotearoan

Post by El-Man » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 pm

Assistant Crone wrote: Nah. She's Philippa J. Fry, not Philippa J. Phi.
Exactly. Phi is short for Philippa.

I still want to do a short comic with P&L gender-swapped... must draw... get through the backlog...
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 pm

I found that it was very important to keep the sex-swapped versions as close as possible to their originals. This means that Fry, who is called Fry in the show, is still called Fry when female. It's not a butch surname – 'Leela', on the other hand, sounded too feminine to get away with (as a first name), so I went with 'Lelan'.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
Futurama_Freak1
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Futurama_Freak1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:12 am

Excellent yet disturbing.
Officer 1BDI
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Officer 1BDI » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm

I saw your latest comic on the front page and couldn't stop giggling.

"Fry" threw me off as well, but that's probably because I'm so used to seeing her go by "Phi" in Graham's story.
"I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."
Bender and God, "Godfellas"
Chug a Bug
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Chug a Bug » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 am

I've been meaning to say this for a long time but I love your Phillipa J. Fry/Leelan and Zapparella Brannigan pictures they're simply awesome and utterly hilarious. And in the latter case, more than a little disturbing. 8) :E

Also, is it just me or is Phillipa kinda cute? Oh right, it's just me then.
Gulliver63
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant
Sub-sector Control Officer's Assistant

Post by Gulliver63 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 am

Can I play? I must say that I really love this gender-swap thingee, as I've been switching Amy and Leela all week at dA. I am also a nut for alternate universes, and this one is brilliant. I scribbled this sketch in my car while waiting for my family at the county fair. I don't know why I chose to make a male version of Amy a quarterback, as he could just as easily be a computer geek. Enjoy!
Attachments
Amos Wong.jpg
"We are today's creatures, locked in tomorrow's double feature..."
David Bowie
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 am

Hmm, I'd like to see geeky Amos now...

You've done a great job making her head masculine while keeping all the features, and I like his chunky build. Very nice!

(But for the record, you'd probably be better off posting your art in your own art thread rather than in others' in the future.)
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.