Crone Scribblings

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Re: Crone Scribblings

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon May 25, 2009 12:41 am

Archonix wrote: :o what have I done...
Nothing that wouldn't have happened eventually. This is the Internet, after all.

At least this way it's hilariously wrong instead of Just Plain Wrong.
I memorized "Holy Grail" really well
I can recite it right now and have you ROTFLOL
- "Weird Al" Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
c_nordlander
Insane Underling
Insane Underling
Custom Title: We have space marines at home

Post by c_nordlander » Mon May 25, 2009 12:42 am

Oh, I don't know what to say. That's perfect! The transfer of Zapp's sleaziness across the gender barrier is a success. Fun to see a female Kif, too!

And Lelan is rather handsome in formal attire.
Pretty little baby
Pretty little monster
Went to the good school
Left with honours
Brand new tycoon
Sitting with a harpoon

-- Mother Mother, "Business Man"

Now offering writing commissions! Fanfiction or original, PM me for more information.
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Mon May 25, 2009 1:16 am

(covers eyes) AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa

(flees)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Mon May 25, 2009 2:33 am

Good lord, I just had a horrifying thought: What if the two Brannigans met? :o

"Any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that and nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid!! Movies, books, T.V., music - they're all just entertainment, not guidebooks for damning yourself!" - Nny

I draw too, dammit!
Sheana_Molloy
Bootlick
Bootlick

Post by Sheana_Molloy » Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 am

There's no end to the boobs! Or the lipstick!  :o

Trace said he didn't see himself as an icon, but wanted to be a logo. Frank settled for being a font.
--MST3K interview

Peter Grant:  I'm the manager of Led Zeppelin!
Bob Dylan:  I don't come to you with my problems.
Marco
New SNPP Employee
New SNPP Employee

Post by Marco » Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Brain scarringly good! :D the bottom right scene is perfect, gender switch aside it could be right from the show.

Wait... no, this is still better :p
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Thank you, intrepid viewers!

Stretch Dude wrote: Good lord, I just had a horrifying thought: What if the two Brannigans met? :o
"With my feminine wheels and your... well-constructed girdle, there's nothing in the universe we can't seduce!"
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Bwah! Awsome. Somehow the shortness of the doop skirt thing is even more terrifying in the top picture. I think it's the pose... The second one is equally excellent. Some day I shall get you to teach me how to draw hands like that.

Also, yay for girl!kif. Almost exactly as I imagined her  ;D
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 pm

An idea that's been knocking around my head for ages: LilithBot. Business was slow in Robot Hell.

ETA: Because mixing 2D and 3D is potentially crazy, I've added a second image in which stuff glows more. The bold colour went, but it's a bit more 3D.
Attachments
lilbotextrashiny.jpg
lilbotf.jpg
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
Stretch_Dude
Junior Secretariat
Junior Secretariat

Post by Stretch_Dude » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:39 am

Oh, that is an awesome design right there.

I draw too, dammit!
gkscotty
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by gkscotty » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:31 am

Yeek!

That is pretty damn cool.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone’s fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I’m one of Us. I must be. I’ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We’re always one of Us. It’s Them that do bad things. - Jingo, Terry Pratchett
D.B.
Sub Lt
Sub Lt

Post by D.B. » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:19 am

Ooh, you went for back-lit. Nice!
"The way to succeed is to get born at the right time and in the right place. If you can do that then you are bound to succeed. You have to be receptive and have some talent as well."
- Sydney Brenner
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager
Advisory Technical Manager

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Hmm....  Hmmm..... let me meditate a little before I open my mouth.  Ok. 

Ths is a great piece of art.  The design is fresh.  Althought, it kinda reminds me of that movie "I robot" with Will Smith. 

I'm going to be a little picky this time.   Hope you dont mind.  The neon light doesn't seem to emmit any glow except on the bot, and thats really limited.  For next time make sure you make them emmit some light.  I dont know why it didnt happen.  You are an expert on this kind of thing, for I have seen it in the past. 

Something else.  The  bot seems kind of flat, well, fresh designed but flat.  Perhaps a little bit of more time would have fix that and a darker background to contrast with the figure.   Anyhow, this should be another collected edition pic that should forever be remember here for years to come.  Kudos!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
AssistantCrone

Post by AssistantCrone » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks, guys!

The neon light dont seem to emit any ligh on the athmosphere just on the bot, and thats really limited.  For next time make sure you make them emmit some light.  I dont know why it didnt happen.  You are an expert on this kind of thing, for I have seen it in the past. 
Valid point. Whatever the bright bits are made of, they would probably glow in real life – but I left the glow out on purpose (honest). I wanted to keep the neon bits as crisp and sharp as possible – I experimented with glowy outlines and it looked too 'soft' for the character, if that makes any sense.

Something else.  The  bot seems kind of flat, well, fresh designed but flat.  Perhaps a little bit of more time would have fix that and a darker background to contrast with the figure.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'flat'. Do you mean that the figure doesn't look 3D, or that the pose should be more dynamic, or that I should have drawn an actual background rather than just a texture, or something else?
archonix
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer

Post by archonix » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 pm

A slightly whiter core on the neon bits would boost them up quite nicely without having to have them glow softly. I think that's all you're really missing there.
Our choicest plans have fallen through, our airiest castles tumbled over, because of lines we neatly drew and later neatly stumbled over.
— Piet Hein - Grooks