Omar still around. ;)

The Simpsons and Futurama fan art as well as completely original works of art are welcome here. Please post sketches, models, photographs, completed art and everything in between, as long as you're happy with it as a finished item. Constructive criticism is given unless you make clear that you don't want it.
OARRIAGA2001
Advisory Technical Manager

Omar still around. ;)

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 am

Well, first of all, I want to apologize for forgeting about this group.  It's been a long time, I know.  And for that reason, there is a lot of catching up to do in both, art and writing.   I miss from reading stories from Chris and Missy. Hope you got some new ones around...  ;D

Also, I have seen lots of new things from Beb, Jake, Graham among others that are pretty interested, and I will reply to those when I have the time.  ;)

I think some of the art I'm going to post is already here, but the other 90 % is new, I'm certain about that.

I'm still learning, and in fact, I'm still in very early stages when in comes to animation and Ilustration  to be like Morpheus and Beb respectively.  So, I kindly ask you guys to hit me with all the critics that you can throw at me.   Praise does not do me any good.  Is not that I'm a perfectionist, in fact, a real drawing has to have mistakes.  I think thats whats make it fun and what differs regular art from 3d animated art, but I'm sure that weight, proportions, and a drawing has to tell an story, like morpheus told me once.

I really appreciate all the feedback that you could give, guys and gals.

Thank you.

Omar
Attachments
allison's ready.jpg
4th grade Lisa.jpg
Alley_girl.jpg
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never judge a book by its cover.....
OARRIAGA2001

Re: Omar still around. ;)

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:20 am

I dont want to post so much at the same time, so I'm just posting these other pieces for now:
Attachments
sketchingB.jpg
gadget_in_the_shower.jpg
Divinity of the skies.jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Ok, ok.  you guys dont have to concrit anything if you dont want to.  So much! I'm sorry if I'm asking for so much around here.   Anyway,  I'm posting this just so I can show what I have been doing and not showng on this forum.  Feel free to coment whatever you want, if you do want to coment.  If not, thats ok, dont worry about it. For me having this here means a lot after a long hiatus from this forum.
Attachments
concept_sketch.jpg
bug-love.jpg
astrid_inked.jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:19 pm

more
Attachments
SketchingA.jpg
Shake_your_groove_thing.jpg
guess who.jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:23 pm

more.
Attachments
tammy_bink.jpg
sketchingD.jpg
Santos_Laguna_for_champions.jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:28 pm

more.
Attachments
tea_break.jpg
Sexy foxy.gif
Itchy
Supervising Technician
Supervising Technician

Post by Itchy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Very cute artwork. I like your style, very fluid and professional-looking.
Extreme Itchy and Scratchy now with 29% more pointless violence than before.
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:47 am

Thanks Itchy.  I 'll try to color them sometime. ;)
Vicky

Post by Vicky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Great to see posting Omar :) now draw summore please!
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:34 am

Vicky wrote: Great to see posting Omar :) now draw summore please!
I sure will.   As soon as I move to my new place, that is.  I have most of my stuff packed and ready to go.  ;D  Except for a few things I use  at work and the PC I'm using right now. ;)
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 am

Miscelaneous Character.
Attachments
MISC CHARACTER .jpg
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Here is another pic I did a few days ago.  Not simpsonic, but still yellow .  Well, one of the characters. ;)
Attachments
Kit and Mollly_.jpg
AssistantCrone
Sub-sector Control Officer
Sub-sector Control Officer

Post by AssistantCrone » Mon May 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Apologies for knowing nothing about Talespin/related things, but I really like the cel-style colouring you're doing here. The edges of the shadows look a little wobbly, especially further down the picture, but that may be a result of image-shrinking or various other things.

Your miscellaneous Simpsony character is, imo, an improvement on previous Simpson pics. In general, there has been too large a gap between the eyes and the ear/back of the neck, but this most recent one looks better. I think that her waist could be shortened quite a bit, as well as her thighs, or she'll end up nearly five heads tall (unless she's meant to be particularly tall), and her ear could be a little further down the neck. Other than that, I'd say that this is the way to go. 
"Now, I know art is all about expressing ourselves, but today we're going to express ourselves by getting it right." --DB
OARRIAGA2001

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks Beb. You know me, I love criticism., if this is sincere. ;)  As for the character, yes .  You know... I always try to humanize my simpsons I dont know why.  I guess it comes automatical because of my antro roots.  Well, most of the time , thats why she looks too tall.  Thanks about the comment about the ear though.  Perhaps I should start paying more attention to the art I post at the forum instead of just dropping out everything simpsonic I just can find out in my pc.  Anyway, I find your work very inspirational.
OARRIAGA2001

The Na'vi

Post by OARRIAGA2001 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:45 am

Well, so I went to see "Avatar"   and let me tell you that it was a lot better that I expected.     Graphics, story , everything.    It had action which I love , but it also had drama and there was love involved.   And dont you say I'm spoiling the story, because you all know what was comming.

for those of you who saw it,  there is a pic below that I drew from the inspiration I got out of it.  And yeah, I do love nudes.  I truly believe there is beauty in them,  artistic beauty.  the image below is not for those who will just tell crap about it and laugh themselves out to kingdom come because of a possible immaturety.  It is not offending in any way, and is not giving sexual innueando at all, so I hope it can stay here.   I'm not putting a link to it because like I say its an artistic nude from how a female of the movie will look to me if simpsonized, and I do love anatomy.    I guess you already knew that since all of my simpson characters already look too humanized to begin with, heh?  It is so damn hard for me to draw a corect simpson model like the way is suppose to be.

p.s.   James Cameroon is a God!
Attachments
Na'vi Simpsonized.png
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.